Kindred Group seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
We are seeking an experienced networking policy changer to join our dedicated efforts to actualize long term sustainable gambling policy. You will be responsible for driving Kindred Group’s public affairs strategy in Belgium, developing and supporting a sustainable and strategic public policy.
You will be part of a team of Public Affairs Managers in other markets with who you align to enhance the impact of Kindred Group’s strategy on gambling policy. You report directly to our Group Head of Public affairs and work in close cooperation with Legal, Compliance, Corporate Communication and Commercial teams. You will manage external agencies and internal alignment. We aim to establish and increase Kindred as a trusted speaking partner and make sure Kindred provides expertise in gambling policy and related areas in relevant fora. You will deal with a variety of topics in a fast-paced international environment and support the line organisation in Public Affairs matters for Belgium.
You possess public affairs experience, preferably at government and policy level and you can engage effectively with policy makers and stakeholders. You already have experience from networking with policy makers and can leverage relationships and stakeholder groups in order to ensure proper representation and communication of Kindred’s views, whilst working closely with senior management of the Group.
You have a “can do” and pragmatic mentality, you can work both autonomously and collaboratively with other functional teams and you are able to engage and align back to the business leaders on important matters.
You have instant credibility internally as well as externally and can raise the profile of public affairs by formulating an integrated approach, taking into account the strategy of Kindred and its operational goals, as well as broad range of external influences in an environment undergoing rapid evolution.
As part of Kindred you are energetic, have a passion for delivering value and an agile mind set. In return, we offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, great challenges and colleagues.
Key accountabilities of this role are
- Develop, coordinate and drive Kindred’s Public Affairs activities and efforts in Belgium
- Draft and review position papers, market and stakeholder analysis and other profiling documents
- Manage and expand Kindred Group’s network of external stakeholders and attend relevant meetings and events to represent the interests of Kindred Group, based on your affinity with Digital Agenda, new business models and empowerment of individuals
- Advising the organization, both locally and on Group level such as Corporate Communications on relevant local developments and mitigating potential risks; aligning the local vision with Kindred’s Group Strategy.
- Managing projects from cradle to grave through full lifecycle including project conception, initiation, analysis, planning, execution, delivery and closure.
- Delivering without dedicated resources, we create buy-in and rely on experienced colleagues and teams within the company.
- Procure and manage external agencies by clear expectations, follow-up and keeping deadlines.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders on all levels.
- Keeping internal documentation and information structured to ensure efficiency and internal alignment.
- Establish Kindred Group as a trusted societal stakeholder in the public domain by supporting Group Communications with localizing and translating Group press releases and other relevant assets
- Regular travel within Europe will be required
We’re looking for someone with the following skills, knowledge and experience
- 5 – 10 years or relevant experience from regulatory, policy making, public affairs, communication or similar from fields such as international consumer services, ICT, finance or gambling.
- Education : Master degree in law, political sciences, Communication, Business or other depending on experience
- Fluent verbal and written Dutch, French and English
- Managing agile projects in an ever-changing environment
- Commercially minded, fast learning, flexible attitude and able to work in a highly dynamic and international and hi-tech business environment
- Good understanding of strategic positioning from Agency, Authority or in-house
- Ability to quickly shift focus based on personal skill to understand environment and judgement to prioritise
- Experience of managing third party relationships & negotiations
- Strategic mind-set and long-term endurance
- Excellent communication and management skills and ability to address representatives from both business, policy and stakeholders in general at all levels.
- Experience from the online gambling industry is considered a merit
Education / Qualifications / Professional Certificates
- Master degree in law, political sciences, communications, business or other
- Bi-lingual Dutch/French with excellent knowledge of English
- Regular travel within Europe will be required
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.