LightingEurope seeks Senior Policy Officer
Senior Policy Officer
LightingEurope represents the lighting industry in Europe: we are the voice of over 1,000 lighting companies, employing over 100,000 people in Europe. Ours is a members-driven organisation that is dedicated to promoting efficiency lighting practices for the benefit of the environment, human comfort and the health and safety of consumers.
We are a young dynamic team of Brussels advocacy professionals looking for a new colleague to help us achieve our mission to promote the amazing world of lighting.
LightingEurope is looking to recruit a senior policy officer to lead our work on human centric lighting (HCL) and on intelligent lighting systems (ILS). You will oversee these two LightingEurope (LE) working groups and your tasks will include to:
- Evaluate European policy developments and trends to identify opportunities for LE actions to promote HCL and ILS
- Liaise with members to develop and implement LE activities
- Liaise with the other members of the policy team to ensure alignment of activities and priorities and to contribute to achieving the LE strategic vision.
- Regular outreach to stakeholders in Brussels and beyond to represent the organisation and voice LE messages.
The right candidate
- Around 5 years’ experience in EU affairs with an established network in Brussels and excellent knowledge of the EU policy-making processes
- Excellent networking and communication skills – you enjoy meeting people, you know how to present your views to different audiences and you are a good listener.
- Strong team player – you understand that we need to work together to set objectives and achieve our strategic vision, you are capable of working independently to deliver your objectives and you will regularly touch base with colleagues to ensure alignment and provide support if needed.
- Strategic and creative thinking with a proven ability to develop and implement new initiatives. You can think outside the box and have a good sense of adventure.
- Past work experience in digital or health policy is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral English, other languages are an advantage.
- Full-time permanent contract, starting immediately.
- Based in Brussels, with some travelling in Europe.
- Competitive salary package with excellent benefits and clear growth potential.
- To apply, send a cover letter and CV to Ms Ourania Georgoutsakou (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 noon CET 19 January 2018 at the latest.
- Please use this subject header for your email: “Application – senior policy officer”
- In your cover letter, please explain how you have developed and implemented a new initiative/activity that provided added value to your members/organisation.
- Interviews will be held in the weeks of 22 and 29 January in Brussels.