A full time basis
is available in the office of Claudia Tapardel, MEP in the European Parliament, Brussels.
MEP Ana-Claudia Tapardel is a Romanian S&D member of the Transport and Tourism Committee (TRAN) and Committee on Constitutional Affairs (AFCO). She is the Co-Chair of the Intergroup on the European Tourism Development
Starting date: March 2018
The successful candidate will gain practical knowledge and better understanding of EU institutions and international processes while carrying out different tasks:
- Native Romanian speaker;
- Write or assist with communication materials on policy and political matters (Press releases, Facebook and Twitter posts);
- Assist with organizing events;
- Support in policy, drafting summaries and briefings;
- Secretarial duties, managing MEP’s agenda, making appointments, travel arrangements and handling related telephone enquiries;
- General office administration, including ordering office supplies.
Required skills and qualities:
- A perfect command of English;
- A good command of French/Spanish is desirable;
- Excellent writing skills and proven experience in communications (please attach documents to support this claim: press releases, newspaper articles, social media posts);
- Event management;
- Graduated in EU affairs, journalism & PR, international relations, political science, economics or law;
- Good knowledge of Windows tools including Excel, Word, Power Point;
- Forensic attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Take on additional tasks and responsibilities as required by the Member;
- Strong interest in EU affairs and politics.
Applicants should send before 15 February a CV plus a cover letter outlining their experience and qualifications along with very clear reasons why they want the job and the contribution that they can make.
Interviews will take place on 21 and 22 February. Positions to be filled as soon as possible.
Please attach also documents attesting your experience in communication, if any.
This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.