Merck seeks Senior Manager, Government Affairs – EU
Senior Manager, Government Affairs – EU
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Monitor the political and health policy environment and the development and implementation of key projects associated with the Government Affairs strategy.
- Support and advance business objectives and ensure that the company’s views and positions are properly addressed.
- Monitor and analyze the political and health policy environment and communicate health care policy information as it impacts on the company’s business.
- Support the Government Affairs team in the development and implementation of the Government Affairs strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement appropriate projects and programs (policy papers, disease awareness, advocacy programs etc.).
- Maximize engagement and build relationship with relevant policymakers and influencers in Brussels and ensure that company’s views and positions are properly addressed.
- Active role in Trade Associations. Serve as the point of contact in Brussels to educate the organization on the broader policy picture.
- Manage program budgets and consultants as needed.
- A university degree in a related field, such as political science, public policy or health care is required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience in public policy (governmental institutions, trade association advocacy, government/public affairs consulting or NGOs) is required.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) is essential, fluency in aditional languages is an asset
What we offer
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!