MHE seeks Communications and Fundraising Officer
Mental Health Europe (MHE) is looking for a full-time
Communications and Fundraising Officer
for its secretariat in Brussels.
Purpose of job: to manage MHE’s internal and external information tools, to communicate about MHE’s activities and policy positions, to coordinate the MHE awareness raising campaigns, to support the development and implementation of MHE’s work on fundraising, to support and develop the MHE membership.
Responsibilities include mainly:
Information and Communication work:
- To create, edit and manage MHE’s information tools such:
- MHE’s visual identity;
- Video advocacy;
- Social media;
- and other media as appropriate;
- To write press releases, communications, policy and position papers, in collaboration with MHE staff and members;
- To develop MHE’s awareness raising campaigns;
- To reply to requests for information from external bodies as well as members;
- To deal with media contacts;
- To coordinate contacts with members and to develop MHE’s membership recruitment strategy;
- To coordinate MHE’s membership committee;
- To support the organisation of MHE events and capacity-building seminars;
- Participating in meetings as well as representing MHE at meetings and events across Europe.
- Implement and further develop MHE’s Fundraising strategy 2013-2018;
- Support Director in writing project applications and report about ongoing projects;
- Increase the contributions of individuals and groups to MHE by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources (community, corporate, foundations, individual donations, events…).
Requirements for the position:
- Good knowledge of the mental health field or proven interest or experience in the sector;
- Understanding of and commitment to the social model of disability;
- Fluency in English (written, spoken);
- Excellent communication skills and good analytical skills;
- High sense of priority setting and ability to react quickly;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and to take initiatives;
- Good social skills and ability to work in a small, busy, international team;
- Willingness to travel and to work in weekends when necessary;
- Computer literacy;
- Good knowledge of European Media as well as of EU policies and institutions;
- Knowledge of and experience in modern communications including social media;
- Web content management skills;
- Ability to synthesize and communicate complex information in a way that is adapted to a specific audience.
- Knowledge of other European languages (preferably French or German);
- Experience from working within an NGO at the EU level;
- Experience of project implementation.
Applications should be submitted to MHE Director Maria Nyman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- A cover letter;
- Your CV;
- Details of two persons who can be contacted for references.
Please include your desired salary level in the motivation letter. MHE also offers hospitalization insurance, contribution to public transport and lunch vouchers to all employees.
Closing date for applications: 29th of June 2015
Date of interviews: 7th of July 2015
Starting date employment: 1st of September 2015
Many thanks to all who show an interest in this position. However, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
An umbrella organization, MHE represents associations, organisations and individuals active in the field of mental health and well-being in Europe, including (ex)users of mental health services, volunteers and professionals. Mental Health Europe envisions a Europe where people with mental health problems live as full citizens with access to appropriate services and support, where positive mental health and well-being are given high priority in the political spectrum and on the European health and social agenda, where people with mental health problems live as full citizens with access to appropriate services and support, and where meaningful participation is guaranteed at all levels of decision-making.
For more information, please visit our website www.mhe-sme.org.