New Airline Catering Association seeks Managing Director (m/f)
Managing Director (m/f)
Europe’s four largest airline catering groups (LSG; gategroup; dnata; and Do & CO) are setting up a new Brussels based airline catering association in the form of an AISBL (Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif) to represent the interests of the airline catering industry. The airline catering industry is currently not represented in Brussels; the new association will be the leading voice for the airline caterers and associated suppliers.
The new association is being set up on a fresh footing, and a Managing Director (m/f) is sought to lead the association, establish its functioning and develop its agenda in cooperation with its members. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to build a new body and to lead it from the start. It will be a high-profile role, with the full backing of Europe’s main airline caterers.
The right candidate will have an understanding of the airline and airline catering industry, as well as a proven ability to liaise with and successfully influence authorities, politicians, regulators and opinion leaders. He/she will have excellent communications skills, and be able to persuasively and constructively formulate and put across the views of airline caterers. The role requires a self-starter, who is able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and put in place the framework for the new association. We are looking for a convincing personality who can work with the airline catering members to ensure the association presents coherent and strong positions, and is able to manage diverse views to achieve this.
The Managing Director (m/f) will be based in Brussels and lead the airline catering association, ensuring it becomes the leading voice for airline catering interests in Europe. He/she will ensure that the interests of airline catering members are effectively represented, and that the association is a credible participant in EU policy making.
- Manage new airline catering association and its staff
- Ensure the association has clear and credible positions on EU policy issues
- Ensure that these positions reflect the views and interests of airline catering members and maintain close working relationships with airline catering members
- Driving forward the association objectives
- Oversee the effective operation of association policy committees
- Ensure the association’s positions are communicated in a positive and constructive way
- Deliver changes to the EU legislative framework that support efficiency and competitiveness
- Be the public face of the association and ensure the association’s views are reflected in the media
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the European Commission, Parliament and Member States
- Ensure the financial sustainability of the association
- Ensure the association is run in accordance with its articles of association and governance codes
Experience and skills
- University degree in a relevant area and profound experience of either leading an industry association – or significant involvement in the operation of an association or comparable organization
- Very strong communication skills – both written and verbal; proven ability to adapt and tailor communication level to respective stakeholders
- Understanding of the airline and airline catering industry
- A working knowledge of the European policy making process
- Strong conceptual and diplomatic skillset as well as a sovereign appearance
- Effective project manager and ability to manage diverse views
- Understanding of commercial drivers and with financial management skills
- Strategic and self-driven individual
The candidate will be recruited by the four airline catering groups, and we are ideally looking for someone who can start as of the beginning of 2018.
Please send applications and any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.