Novacomm seeks Social Media Analyst for a European Commission project (m/f)
DG COMM.A5 has requested support from Novacomm for Data Analyst services for social media support on messaging, community management and social media analysis and reporting
Social Media Analyst (m/f)
The Social Media team is responsible for providing the following services:
- Assist in the management of the Commission’s presence on social media platforms, including strategy development, support and training. Adapting the content to the social media platform and the target audience, including through the designing of visuals (static, multimedia, video) info graphics, and similar visual supports.
- Assess the characteristics of target audiences and target topics online (ie. Identify where, with whom, why, and how a Commission topic is discussed). This service includes stakeholder audits/mappings including quantitative and qualitative analyses of the main online actors (eg. Actors, dynamics of interaction, current and expected evolution, preferred online channels, comparison between online/offline channels); actors/platforms dealing with EU topics (general analysis of the current and potential key players, their characteristics and positioning, methodology to identify key actors concerning particular EU topics).
- Assess how a story has been received on the web (by social media users, but also the degree of engagement of the public with news items on websites of mainstream media eg. how many people have liked, commented on, shared an article about the Commission) during a pre-defined time span.
- Monitor social media activity and provide (quantitative and qualitative) analyses and reports using relevant measurement tools available on the market, both for a price (Engagor, Radian6, Attensity, Fisheye etc) and for free (Google alerts, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Klout, Tweetreach etc). Monitoring shall include the capacity to follow activity on social media based on keywords lists in at least all the EU languages, provide reporting and analyses on such monitoring and its evolution, including on a retro-active basis. This entails keeping track of and store relevant information. The scope of social media monitoring, analyses and reporting shall not be limited to the platforms managed by the Commission. This task also includes the drafting and editing of reports monitoring the online visibility of major EU topics selected by DG COMM
- Contribute to drafting and editing reflection papers, strategies, vision documents, project plans and presentations
- Project support: prepare meetings, draw up project plan, minute meetings
- You have several years of experience within a similar analytical position
- You have an excellent knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogs,…
- You stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools and methodologies related to web and online communication in general and social media in particular.
- You have excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of social media monitoring tools (e.g. Engagor, Fisheye, SAS social media monitoring) is required.
- You enjoy working in an international/multicultural environment.
- You have experience working in a team, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- You are flexible to take up additional tasks that are in line with your skills and expertise.
- Demonstrable affinity for or interest in the European Institutions is indispensable. Previous working experience at the European institutions is an advantage.
- You possess good communication and writing skills.
- You speak and write English fluently. Other languages are an asset.
- An interesting project for the European Commission, working on highly influential websites (30 million monthly visitors) within a multi-cultural environment.
- An open corporate culture that values communication and human interaction.
- Together with our competence manager you determine your individual career path within DataFlow/ONE Agency.
- Regular technical workshops and trainings are offered enabling you to obtain certificates.
- Close follow-up by the internal team.
- Numerous social team and business events.
- Dedication and professional talent are rewarded with a competitive salary and extra-legal advantages such as group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers ….
Send your CV ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Sofie Celis on 016652016