Novartis seeks Head Market Access & External Affairs Oncology
Head Market Access & External Affairs Oncology
To ensure the timely access of patients to innovative Novartis oncology medicines in Belgium, managing the pricing & reimbursement process for new and in-line products, while favorably influencing the policy and regulatory development at national and regional levels, proactively assessing trends and emerging issues, and developing strategies, policies and actions to effectively address those that impact Novartis’ business operations. All this is done fostering a culture based on external stakeholders’ focus, transparency, trust and the utmost standards of ethical business conduct in order to gain the trust of all healthcare stakeholders. Close collaboration with Pharma Business Unit is recommended in order to optimally position Novartis Pharma to external stakeholders.
- Taking full ownership for the Pricing and Reimbursement processes of oncology products in Belgium, be they in-line or newly introduced. Secure the shortest time to market and best possible pricing level according to the market situation. Provide authorities with all required material in a timely manner and superior quality. Ensure listing in regional and national drug lists, in line with brand strategy, and contribute to the budget and strategic planning process of Novartis Oncology Belgium & Luxembourg integrating a deep understanding of market trends and competitor activities.
- Protecting and advancing Novartis’ interests in Belgium & Luxembourg by proactively engaging policymakers, regulators, scientific opinion leaders, Trade/Business Associations and other healthcare stakeholders. Increase the focus towards true influencing of political and regulatory action, as opposed to policy development only, by gauging the right “time to strike” in relation to decision-makers. Relentlessly focus on translating relationships into actions that support the company’s strategy.
- Developing an actionable mid- to long-term Market Access strategy based on and including new product strategy in close collaboration with Oncology country management team colleagues, and taking full ownership for its implementation. Keep the organization informed of important developments, ensuring optimal support of all functions as needed on major topics.
- Influencing the National Health Policy (in close collaboration with the Head of Market Access of the Country Pharma Organsation and Public Affairs Manager) through a strong stakeholder engagement programme across regional and national institutions to shape the debate on the value of innovation, the socio-economical value of the pharmaceutical industry and the need for governments to invest more in health – stressing Novartis’ significant contribution to the health and wealth of Belgium.
- Ensuring constant alignment across the Company, securing that all important developments are shared in a timely manner both with the local management team and with regional & global colleagues, most notably Novartis’ Brussels/EU Corporate Affairs Office.
- Maintain a close contact with Group Market Access colleagues to “speak with one voice”.
- Ensuring the evaluation, the coaching, the motivation and the development of the team members
- As member of the OLT (Oncology Leadership Team), participate in the definition, implementation and follow-up of the strategies of the business unit
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideally complemented with an MBA
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English (oral and written)
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in management roles within the healthcare industry.
- Having a robust network of relations amongst Belgian authorities, regulators, professional associations and payers
- A good knowledge of the Belgian pricing & reimbursement system and of the impact of pricing on a sound business, including the challenges of cross-border product movements.
- Sound understanding of the Belgian regulatory environment
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
- A skilled communicator, able to talk to multiple audiences with great respect for diversity
- A natural networker with a track record of managing complex cross-functional, matrixed teams
- Demonstrated skills in working with and counselling senior management on highly strategic matters related to market access.
- A “hands-on” manager,
- Good commercial acumen and a definite business sense with the ability to understand how market access contributes directly to the company’s business ambitions.