Ocean Energy Europe seeks Policy Director
The Policy Director is responsible for the advocacy strategy and its implementation. She/he acts in close cooperation with the CEO to drive the association in line with national and EU agendas, taking into account the needs of members.
The Policy Director is an external face of the Association. His/her aim is for the Association to remain the main go-to organisation for ocean energy worldwide, for industry, academia, and decision-makers. This requires delivering best-possible service to members and providing accurate and documented information and messages to institutional partners.
Policy & Lobbying
- Define the yearly policy/advocacy strategy in line with OEE objectives – with CEO
- Act as a public spokesperson for the sector – in several languages – and ensure the Association is well represented at sectoral, EU or global events
- Carry out lobby campaigns at all levels, with or without sector representation
- Write policy documents – from position papers to fully-fledged published reports such as the Strategic Research Agenda or the Ocean Energy Forum Roadmap
- Conduct or manage policy analysis to generate data and define main messages
- Engage with external stakeholders – industry coalitions, renewable industry, NGOs,
- Line manage the policy team
- Identify media outreach and public relations opportunities, and engage with the press in collaboration with the Communication Manager
- Provide input to EU funded projects, both in the proposal stage, but also in their implementation and management
- Regularly inform and engage with the membership to ensure they benefit from OEE work
- Answer policy queries from members/ Lead Partners
- Write membership briefings on EU funding or legislation
- Help design sessions and propose speakers for the annual conference
- Consult members when appropriate on policy dossiers
- Actively generate ideas to improve membership benefits
- Proactively seek to increase the number and status of members
- Coordinate Board reporting, prepare policy input, manage Board with CEO
- Help with HR processes and Belgian administrative processes where necessary
- University degree in relevant field (political sciences / economy / environment…)
- Mandatory: Minimum 8 years experience
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written English (proven)
- Mandatory: Proven track-record in working with EU institutions and national authorities; excellent knowledge of EU structures and decision-making processes
- Asset: Speaker-level in other languages, particularly Spanish and Dutch
- Asset: In-depth understanding of the Energy / Renewables / Ocean Energy sectors at EU and world level.
- Highly driven, self-motivated and ambitious for the organisation and the sector.
- Sound judgement. Able to provide rapid analyses of data & issues and present clear recommendations to internal and external audiences.
- Team-player, sharing and caring
- Open, transparent and joyful personality, good presence on and off-stage.
- We assume all candidates will be able to prioritise, work under pressure, on budget and to tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc.
- Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package under Belgian law.
- Open-term contract, starting before year end
- Based in Brussels at OEE offices – significant travel
- Possibility to work from home
How to apply
Send curriculum vitae and motivation letter to OEE Policy Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 25 September end of business.
CVs in “Europass” format or other institutional templates will not be considered.