Ocean Energy Europe seeks Policy & Project Officer
The Policy & Project Officer will lead “ETIP Ocean”, the Technology and Innovation Platform for Ocean Energy, as well as engage on other projects and policy matters. ETIP Ocean 2.0 is a 3-year project with a strong policy focus on RD&I issues and strategic sectoral development.
The Policy & Project Officer will ensure that this project and other initiatives deliver the maximum possible benefits for the European ocean energy sector. Examples of expected project outputs include: convincing position papers and reports, initiatives that generate positive visibility, informative and engaging events for sector stakeholders.
S/he will be equally responsible for the professional coordination and administration of these projects. S/he will be a part of Ocean Energy Europe’s policy team and report to the Policy Director.
- Ensure ETIP Ocean 2 fulfils its objectives and deliverables, and delivers wider sectoral benefits
- Write policy documents – from position papers to fully-fledged published reports such as the Ocean Energy Forum Roadmap
- Secure informative and engaging speakers for meetings, events and webinars
- Represent the association at events and meetings, to a professional standard
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with industry stakeholders – technology & project developers, academics, supply chain actors, national authorities
- Make proposals as to how EU projects & policy can best serve the sector
- Consult sector stakeholders and extract useful information and perspectives
- Manage project(s) and ensure that timelines for all actions and deliverables are respected by OEE and other project partners
- Manage and expand the 400+ strong participant list of ETIP Ocean
- Organise meetings, events and webinars
- Prepare, execute and report on project budgets & finances
- Complete reporting for the project to the satisfaction of OEE management and the European Commission
- Assist with any OEE matters: membership recruitment, conference organisation
- Help with Belgian and EU administrative processes where necessary
Apply by 4 Jan 2019 close of business
Send CV and motivation letter addressed to Donagh Cagney, Policy Director at email@example.com
CVs in “Europass” format or other institutional templates will not be considered.
- Mandatory: University degree in relevant field (political sciences / economy / environment…)
- Mandatory: Minimum 5 years experience in relevant field(s)
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written English (proven)
- Mandatory: Proven experience with EU policy formation
- Mandatory: Proven experience of project management – ideally as coordinator of an EU project/grant award
- Asset: Experience in coordinating international networks of experts
- Asset: Experience in Horizon 2020, Interreg, LIFE and other programmes
- Asset: Speaker-level in other languages, particularly French, Spanish and Dutch
- Asset: Deep understanding of the Energy / Renewables sectors at EU and world levels
- Creative: can spot opportunities to help the sector develop
- Precise: can write clearly, concisely & convincingly
- Personable: can quickly establish good relationships with project partners; a team-player who is sharing and caring
- Motivated: enthusiastic about the ocean energy sector and its commercial prospects; keen to understand the industry’s technological, commercial and financial needs
- Flexible: available to travel when required
We assume all candidates will be able to prioritise, work under pressure, on budget and to tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc…
Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package under Belgian law.
- 3-year fixed term contract (possibility of extension depending on projects portfolio)
- Based in Brussels at OEE offices
Start: As soon as possible
About Ocean Energy Europe – www.oceanenergy.eu
Ocean Energy Europe is a fast-growing membership organisation set up to represent the sector at European level. It acts as a hub for ocean energy information, networking and works closely with the Commission, Parliament and Member States to promote the development of ocean energy.
OEE boasts a diverse team of EU renewable energy experts, creative, innovative, and dedicated to providing the ocean energy sector with the best possible visibility and support. A successful “start-up” re-launched 5 years ago, which managed to gather support from most of the sector’s CEOs, reach the highest political levels in advocacy and create the largest EU conference and exhibition on ocean energy.
Don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu during your application!