ONE offers Internship Campaigns
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organisation co-founded by Bono and backed by almost eight million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE operates from Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Ottawa, Paris, Rotterdam and Washington DC.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Campaigns Intern (ONE Summit) will support our Brussels team and our European Campaigns team with the development and delivery of our ONE Youth Ambassadors’ Summit that will gather together up to 300 volunteers in Brussels in October. This internship will begin in May 2017 and will run to 31 October 2017. This is an exciting entry-level opportunity for a creative team player with a keen and demonstrable interest in international development, Africa and the eradication of global poverty. The jobholder will be based in our Brussels office and will report to the Campaigns Manager.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Support the Project Director and Project Manager in all their functions related to the organization of the Summit;
- Help with the logistics of the Summit (including accommodations, meals, venues, travel) ahead and on the days of the Summit;
- Help shape the agenda and the content of the Summit;
- Prepare material for Youth Ambassadors (including briefings, factsheets, notes);
- Provide support to the Summit advocacy lead in scheduling and dividing Youth Ambassadors between advocacy meetings on the external day of the Summit;
- Manage logistics of campaigning actions around the Summit;
- Ensure the smooth running of the event and support the ONE Brussels team with logistics and media requests during the summit itself;
- Manage post-Summit feedback and evaluation, monitor press coverage, help volunteers with interview requests, and provide support with closing of the budget;
- Provide some administrative support to the project team such as helping schedule meetings, taking notes, circulating updates;
- Provide other general administrative support as required;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager and Project Director.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Excellent analytical and organizational capacities;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential. French, Dutch or other European languages are desirable;
- Experience of MS Office, in particular Excel, as well as Googledocs;
- Ability to think quickly, logically and analytically;
- Good problem solving skills;
- An understanding of the EU institutions would be helpful;
- Social media experience is desirable;
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times;
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning, development issues and Africa.
Please submit an application, CV and cover letter on our jobs page (www.one.org/jobs). The deadline for applications is 20 April 2017. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates authorised to work in Belgium without any restrictions need apply.