ONE seeks Campaigns Assistant (m/f)
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization co-founded by Bono and backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
ONE seeks a
Campaign Assistant (m/f)
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Campaigns Assistant to support our campaigning, policy and advocacy efforts around our 2016 Youth Ambassadors (YA) initiative. The Campaigns Assistant will develop the programme in Belgium and will recruit and train round 50 activists in Belgium to campaign against extreme poverty locally, nationally, at the European Union level and online. This role will also provide general support with ONE’s policy, advocacy and campaigning work across Europe. To learn more, visit one.org/nl, @ONENederlands, or
The ideal candidate will be a great team player who is sympathetic to ONE’s issues and is able to handle a varied and fast paced role. Familiarity and understanding of EU processes, and international development and interest or experience in Africa are strongly preferred. The Campaigns Assistant will report to the Campaigns Manager and will be based in our Brussels office. Please be advised that is a fixed term position that will culminate in December 2016.
- With the support of the Campaigns Manager and the Brussels Director, implement the 2016 Youth Ambassador programme, which includes:
- Recruiting the 2016 Youth Ambassadors,
- Organising the launch and close-out events of the programme.
- Being the main point of contact with the Youth Ambassador volunteers, helping them organise local events and campaigning actions.
- With the support of the Campaigns Manager and the Brussels Director, draw up and execute the campaign plan for Brussels, including:
- Recruiting new members,
- Assisting with campaign actions, petition deliveries, meetings,
- Developing campaigning products,
- Preparing blog posts for the ONE website and posts for social media etc.
- Reach out to partners in Belgium to establish and maintain contact with political, campaigns and media contacts where appropriate, and in close collaboration with the
- Brussels Director.
- Act as a bridge with other ONE offices working on EU processes to provide the EU perspective and ensure efficient communication, early alerts and coordinated work.
- Support ONE Brussels’ wider efforts, including relevant campaigns and events, logistical support, project support to team members
- Any other duties as required.
- Proactive, a ‘doer’ capable of driving projects in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and occasional heavy workloads
- Well-organised and able to deal confidently with all types of inquiries. Proven ability to multi-task. Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce research briefings with sometimes very short notice
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative
- Proficiency in English, Dutch and/or French, both verbal and written, is essential to the role
- Familiarity and understanding of the EU processes
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills and strong quantitative skills
- Proven ability to synthesise complex documents with an eye for key points and relevance to ONE’s issues
- A commitment to ONE’s aims
- Familiarity and understanding of the Belgian political system and international development and interest or experience in Africa strongly preferred
- Relevant academic qualifications
In return, we offer
- A fantastic opportunity to make a huge impact in the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organization in an incredible, supportive work environment.
- DKV health insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- And much more!
INTERESTED? LET’S CHAT! If you think you have what it takes to make an impact, please submit an application, resume, a cover letter (explaining why you are the best person for the job), salary history, AND your desired salary on our jobs page at jobs.one.org. Please be advised that is the deadline for this position is 3 January 2016, and persons that apply after this date will not be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest; however we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates authorized to work in Belgium without any restrictions need apply.