ORGALIME seeks Industrial & Digital Policy Adviser
Industrial & Digital Policy Adviser
Orgalime is currently looking for an Adviser to work on Industrial Policy & Digitisation issues to start preferably from September 2017.
Orgalime, the European Engineering Industries Association, speaks for 41 trade federations representing the mechanical, electrical, electronic, metalworking & metal articles industries of 23 European countries. The industry employs nearly 11 million people in the EU and in 2016 accounted for some €2000 billion of output. The industry represents over a quarter of the output of manufactured products and over a third of the manufactured exports of the European Union.
- To support, advise and proactively drive Orgalime’s advocacy efforts on industrial policy at EU level;
- Represent Orgalime and be in regular contact with the European institutions and European stakeholders;
- Support the Manager in charge for work on issues, such as the EU data economy and cybersecurity policy areas dealt with in Orgalime’s Industrial Policy and Digitisation working group;
- Work closely within the existing team and member associations.
- University degree in either engineering or European politics;
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience (engineering industry, associations, EU institutions, etc.) in one/more of the following areas: industrial policy and digital economy development;
- Good knowledge of EU Institutions and decision-making;
- Strong networker with proven written/oral communication skills; self-starter and team player with an analytical mind and an eye both for detail and the broader picture;
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), with good knowledge of at least two other European languages.
- via email@example.com to Orgalime – Inge Dewit Vanhaelen;
- including your application letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages);
- by 31 August 2017;
- mention “digitisation” in the e-mail subject line.