PA Europe seeks Intern (Public Affairs)
PA Europe seeks
Intern (Public Affairs)
PA Europe, the government relations and public affairs group providing political and communication strategy development and implementation, political intelligence and lobbying is currently offering an internship position at its office in Brussels, Belgium.
PA Europe is specialised in strategic advice and operational assistance on political/societal issues, regulatory issues and media support. Furthermore, the company devises and implements solutions for ongoing management issues and particularly crisis situations. Among over 400 clients successfully served are the European Commission and several Ministries of Foreign Affairs, European Affairs, Economic Affairs and Finance; multinational enterprises in the food, beverages, banking, construction, pharmaceutical, health care, environment, transport and logistics, energy, automotive and agricultural sectors from mainly the EU, Indonesia, Japan, Russia and the USA.
PA Europe is looking for an intern to start as soon as possible. The internship will last for six months and is remunerated.
The intern will support the junior and senior staff members in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of client projects;
- Research for and drafting of policy briefs;
- Media and policy monitoring and analysis;
- Participation in the development of strategic client advice;
- Preparation, research and support on new business development;
- Contribute in meetings and report on those.
PA Europe is looking for applicants with a strong interest in public policy, political and EU affairs and lobbying. Knowledge of, and/or experience in the EU institutions and working in an international environment are an advantage.
Furthermore, PA Europe has a preference for applicants with a background (preferably Master’s degree) in European Union Studies/Political Science/International Relations and an interest in health/environmental policy and/or economics and investment policy. Master’s graduates with a background in Life Sciences, for example Biology/Biochemistry/Microbiology, are also encouraged to apply.
- English (and preferably additional) language skills at native-speaker level;
- Strong writing skills, including experience of writing PowerPoint presentations;
- Exceptional research abilities, especially media tracking and political processes;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Proven organisational skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative environment with multiple priorities;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, excellent interpersonal & persuasive skills, and a willingness to take personal responsibility;
- Advanced IT skills in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa or other means of working in Belgium for six months without work permit sponsorship.
Interested candidates should send their motivation letter and CV in English before 19 May 2019 to Ms Rodica Avornic (firstname.lastname@example.org; +32(0)2 735 83 96). We apologise in advance that only selected candidates will receive a reply.