This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Panasonic seeks Government Affairs Manager
Government Affairs Manager for the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) plus Energy related products Panasonic division
Panasonic Corporation is one of the largest electronic product manufacturers in the world and counts more than 249.000 employees worldwide. The company manufactures and markets a wide range of products under the Panasonic brand to enhance and enrich lifestyles all around the globe. Panasonic has an unchanging management objective, established by the founder Konosuke Matsushita, stipulating that the company must contribute society through its business as a public entity. We seek a candidate that supports the work of Panasonic’s Appliances Company. This division of Panasonic produces (among others) an innovative range of services and solutions for designers, specifiers, engineers and distributors working in the heating and cooling markets in Europe. Appliances Company also produces a range of additional products, including household fuel cell cogeneration systems, heat insulation devices and CO2 heat pump hot-water supply systems.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsible for EU Government Affairs of Panasonicwith regards to HVAC and energy related products (energy storage, solar, fuel cells, home automation, etc.).
The main activities includes:
The main activities includes:
- Developing and implementing strategies to meet Panasonic public affairs objectives
- Liaising with EU institutions and stakeholders to build up a network for Panasonic
- Supporting and/or leading the representation of Panasonic in key EU Associations linked to energy related products
- Monitoring relevant legislative processes (for e.g. F-gas, Clean Energy Package) and suggest adequate responses from Panasonic
- Producing position papers, amendments, and policy statements for Panasonic
- Educating and communicating internally about EU processes, relevant policy (and political) changes
- support the strategic policy formulation in coordination with Panasonic Europe government affairs team and business divisions to maximize synergies and ensure a coherent approach in EU engagement
- engage at the national level on key dossiers
- University degree in law, economics, communications, political science, international affairs or equivalent is strongly preferred
- A minimum 5 years relevant experience in EU government affairs
- Knowledge of the high technology industry is a plus
- Knowledge of F-Gas Regulation / EPBD / Ecodesign /Standardisation is key
- Demonstrated performance in a corporate environment and/or government relations role
- Track record in successful relationship building and political influencing, and a willingness to dedicate time and effort to broadening and deepening those networks
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience in working with EU Associations
- Proven ability as a self-starter and high degree of personal organization
- Ability to effectively execute many tasks in parallel, with various teams, within in a fastmoving and team-oriented environment
- Ability to break down complex issues into different levels of language (technical, political)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, fluent in English, and excellent communicator in one other major EU language.
- Experience with Japan and/or language knowledge is a plus Brussels based or willing to relocate to Brussels
- The role involves Europe wide travel
How to apply
- Please send a motivation letter (1 page maximum) and your CV to Christine Schmidt at “Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org” by 15 September.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly after the closing date.
- Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to sex, age, race, creed, religion, social status, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status in light of the applicable laws.
163 total views, 3 today Print Job