Party of European Socialists seeks Communications Assistant (m/f)
The Party of European socialists (PES) is looking for an assistant to join its communications team, based at the PES headquarters in Brussels. We are looking for someone who is capable of managing small and large projects, is European media aware, skilled at a basic level with cameras and image-editing software, passionate about communications and enthusiastic about working for the main player in European Progressive Politics. You would be expected to project manage the development of publications, of promotional products for the e-shop, organize photographers and camera crews at events, updating the website and social media when necessary, and promoting PES branding. The role would also involve some administrative tasks.
PES seeks a
Communications Assistant (m/f)
- Responsible for the development of Publications under the supervision of the Communications Director. Preparing purchase orders, internal communications, relations with suppliers, translations and distributions.
- Responsible for the production of promotional materials in line with PES guidelines for the e-shop, activities and events.
- Maintaining and developing relations with PES Communications partners in member parties and media network.
- Direct events staging in various EU Member states.
- Management of photographer & camera crews at events in various EU Member states.
- Drafting video scenarios and scripts and coordinating work with editors and management.
- Developing and upholding relations with external providers in the audio-visual sector.
- Events support, coordinating visual staging in various EU Member states.
- Layout/design of documentation
- Support and development of the PES Broadcast Center, updating online photo galleries, creating some videos.
- Some administrative tasks (Proofreading, short translations, drafting agendas/invites, concept notes, etc.)
- A commitment to the core values of the PES
- University degree in a field relevant to the position or strong professional experience in a relevant field
- Good policy expertise and at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Good understanding of European politics and EU institutions
- Excellent English and at least another EU language. French will be considered an asset
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
- Strong technical skills – especially graphic design, photos/camera skills, social media, etc.
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV, to Marije Laffeber, PES Deputy Secretary General, before 2 December. Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject: ASSISTANT COMMUNICATIONS.
Candidates whose profiles best match the job description will be invited for interviews as of mid December, with a view to filling the full-time position as soon as possible. Competitive salary based on experience.