This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Paypal seeks Senior Manager Government Relations
Senior Manager Government Relations
Reporting directly to the Head of Government Relations for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), based in Brussels, and working very closely with GR colleagues and business leaders throughout the region, the Senior Manager of Government Relations in Brussels is responsible for providing strategic GR counsel and managing advocacy programs to support PayPal’s expanding business in EMEA. This person will work with EU institutions, as well as governments’ representations in Brussels, and with industry associations, academia and merchants to shape the policy environment, protect PayPal’s reputation and help PayPal grow its business. A change agent, this person will combine contagious enthusiasm, rigorous thinking and articulate communication.
- Lead Government Relations activities for PayPal in Brussels, including, but not limited to, financial services, digital platforms, e-commerce and technology innovation;
- Monitor EU legislative and executive/regulatory initiatives impacting PayPal, prioritizing strategically;
- Develop short- and long term GR strategies to address legal and regulatory risks or opportunities;
- Design creatively and drive differentiating GR campaigns anchored in PayPal’s values and objectives;
- Lead GR outreach and relationship management with relevant supervisory authorities in close cooperation with other support functions (e.g. Legal, Compliance…).
- Participate efficiently in relevant trade associations, representing PayPal as necessary.
- Draft and contribute to public policy and thought leadership papers and other relevant content for distribution and publication (beyond response to public consultations);
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with key officials and influencers in Brussels and beyond;
- Actively contribute to the GR EMEA team and to the GR brand in PayPal;
- Develop a strong internal network within PayPal and maintain a robust understanding of the business;
- Be a prime interface for Brussels/EU issues within GR and with PayPal EMEA management;
- Provide insightful political analysis and guidance.
- When needed, help on other EMEA or global dossiers;
- Coordinate with internal teams on cross-functional projects.
- Some travel around Europe from time to time. Expect travel to Luxembourg, Brussels, Frankfurt and Strasbourg as necessary.
- Government relations or similar in the area of payment, financial services, fintech, e-commerce or digital platforms.
- Solid exposure to EU institutions and decision-making, including a confortable international outlook.
- Confident to promote technology as a driver for innovation.
- Conversancy with ECB, European Banking Authority, Finance Ministries and influential third-party organizations in financial services would be highly relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with great authority in a fast-paced and pressurized environment with limited day-to-day hands-on management; rigorous thinking, unquestionable integrity and appetite to constructively challenge established positions; some creativity and ease to deal with ambiguity; most desirable candidates will be very flexible team players, able to consistently exercise sound judgment, have significant degree of self-motivation, be very resourceful and have ability to collaborate pro-actively with other functions with limited direct supervision; a flexible approach to travel.
- Strong understanding of and sensitivity to government relations, insitututional dynamics and public policy in the EU, with longstanding in-depth know-how in the area of financial services, payments, e-commerce, digital platforms or fintech; business acumen; impeccable English is a must, other languages a strong asset.
Further information here!
1062 total views, 3 today Print Job