Philips seeks Senior Manager Government and Public Affairs
Senior Manager Government and Public Affairs
European Affairs Office
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
strengthen our policy strategy and our EU lobbying activities related to trade, innovation, Digital Single Market, sustainability, competitiveness and competition.
You are responsible for
- Keeping track of various EU regulations and policies, inform internal stakeholders about ongoing developments and solicit their active participation in advocacy strategy
- Developing Philips strategies and implementation plans to influence EU regulatory decisions and policies that support the company’s business objectives in consultation with key internal stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with EU officials from the European Commission, European Parliament and Permanent Representations of the EU Member States in Brussels
- Positioning Philips as a thought leader in healthcare in the EU environment in Brussels
- Representing Philips’ interest in EU trade associations and other Brussels-based groups
- Representing Philips in relevant EU policy debates.
- This job requires travelling, mainly to the Netherlands, and flexible working hours.
You are a part of
the Government and Public Affairs team which is located at the Philips European Affairs Office in Brussels. You will report to the Head of the European Affairs Office.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Thorough understanding of EU decision making process and EU institutions
- Good knowledge of the EU policies and legislation related to trade, innovation, Digital Single Market, competitiveness and competition, sustainability, internal market;
- Good knowledge of the medical technology industry would be an asset;
- Legal background would be an asset.
- Proven track record in government relations, or legal affairs in an international healthcare setting (preferably in the field of medical technologies) or in relevant European Commission’s services or the European Parliament.
- A developed network of personal contacts with relevant Members of the European Parliament, European Commission and European Council civil servants and selectively with relevant decision makers in the EU Member States
- Fluently in English, both written and verbal. Dutch language is an asset. Knowledge of any other EU language is welcome.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.