Plastics Recyclers Europe seeks Public Affairs Advisor
Public Affairs Advisor
PRE offers a full time permanent position. The ideal start date is 1 September 2017.
The Manager will be responsible for legislative dossiers relevant to the plastics recycling industry and report to the management. Additionally, he/she will be providing support in advocacy on a variety of topics and coordinating cross industry initiatives on circular economy.
- Monitoring and managing policies on waste, plastics, environment and food contact materials at EU level.
- Coordinating stakeholders’ actions on topics related to Circular Economy.
- Interacting with the European Institutions, Member States and key external stakeholders. Promoting and actively representing the industry.
- Developing and implementing advocacy and public affairs strategy.
- Combining political communication with the communications team.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years working experience in EU Public Affairs. Experience in waste, circular economy and plastics is an asset; knowledge of REACH is a plus.
- University degree. Preferably in political science, law or economy.
- In-depth knowledge of the functioning of the European Institutions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and respect deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and strong sense of organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software package (in particular Excel),.Fluent in English; both written and spoken.
- Open minded, fast learner and a good networker.
- Team player and proactive.
You will be working in a multicultural, dynamic environment, within a small team of young and dynamic professionals.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV by the 16th July 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org