PlasticsEurope seeks Environmental Affairs Manager
Environmental Affairs Manager
PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centers in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey. The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection.
The topic of Marine Litter is a major challenge for society. To prevent Marine Litter joint efforts are needed to for better waste management, responsible people behavior and mindful product design. Marine litter is unacceptable and as founding member, PlasticsEurope is one of the driving associations in the Global Declaration on Marine Litter Solutions which today counts 70 associations globally, supporting various hundred projects. One of the leading projects in the Global Declaration on Marine Litter Solutions includes the Operation Clean Sweep® (OCS). OCS is an international programme which aims to assist producers and the whole supply chain in the plastics industry i.e. resin manufacturers, carriers and plastics processors to implement good handling practices with granules (pellets) and maintenance of industrial sites to prevent the loss of plastic granules into the aquatic environment. Adopted and implemented in North America and in the UK, the methodology included in this program has already helped to implement effective corrective action in many companies in the plastics industry in these regions. PlasticsEurope adopted the OCS programme in 2015 and has now pledged for all its members to implement it.
PlasticsEurope is looking for an Environmental Affairs Manager with passion for and expertise in plastics, sustainability, innovation and stakeholder interaction to develop the Operation Clean Sweep programme across Europe. The position is based in Brussels.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and drive the implementation of the Operation Clean Sweep programme within PlasticsEurope
- Moderate direction, alignment and support for efficient implementation of Operation Clean Sweep within PlasticsEurope and its members by hosting working groups and task forces.
- Support the Marine Litter Project Manager in identifying, planning and implementing EU wide projects related to Operation Clean Sweep against agreed milestones and budget.
- Establish and cultivate networks with key stakeholders in the EU.
- Act as official industry representative in meetings, workshops and conference with global, EU and national policy-makers or other stakeholder groups to ensure industry’s position and provide information needed to develop best possible solutions related to Operation Clean Sweep.
- As expert, be a competence center on Operation Clean Sweep and related issues, research, solutions, stakeholders. Ensure an up to date knowledge level within the team and community to enable informed decision making.
- Provide input into view papers and messages which are important tools to disseminate to various stakeholders
- Be an active member of multinational teams of PlasticsEurope’s own experts as well as other technical experts from member companies, the plastics value chain or other industries
- Cooperate with PlasticsEurope’s Public Affairs function to reach results; such as driving the professional reporting on Operation Clean Sweep progress
- Manage and facilitate other areas of project activities as required
Skills & Competencies
- Master/Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Proven industry experience in a manufacturing/technical role with strong project management skills
- Proven track record in implementing medium to long term programs
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Capable of speaking up at stakeholder events and being listened to
- Pro-active, showing ownership, initiative and be self-motivated
- Dynamic, reliable & flexible
- Strong results orientation with superior organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in English with other European language skills as a plus
Please send your application with a compelling cover letter and CV before January 22nd, 2018 with the subject ”Environmental Affairs Manager” to: PlasticsEurope, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org