Policy Analyst (m/f/d)
Are you passionate about policy and politics? Do you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a desire to be part of a developing business? Are you interested in how technology interacts with our society and economy? Are you able to explain complex concepts in a clear and engaging manner?
If so, come and join us at Inline Policy, a pioneering political consultancy and policy advisory firm that offers comprehensive political and regulatory advice to fast-growing and innovative tech companies.
Policy Analyst (m/f/d)
Our team covers some of the most exciting policy areas and business sectors, including:
- The sharing and on-demand economy;
- Emerging technologies (e.g. drones and driverless cars);
- Artificial intelligence and robotics;
- Online platforms and social media;
- European politics and regulation.
How we differ
Inline specialises in working with fast-growing companies that are facing policy and regulatory change. We are proud to have some of the biggest names in the tech sector amongst our clients, but we also seek to identify growth sectors at an early stage, develop extensive political and regulatory expertise in those areas, and apply our public affairs and strategy knowledge and experience. We aim to grow alongside our clients, offering additional products and services as they develop and as the political and regulatory environment evolves.
We value independent thinkers who will help our company grow to become the premier political and regulatory consultancy for our sector. We want to hear from you if you are interested in joining a diverse and non-hierarchical environment, where your work and ideas will make an immediate and tangible contribution to our clients.
Our Policy Analysts are responsible for:
- Supporting the delivery of client projects and maintaining client relationships;
- Researching and analysing policy issues to produce written briefings on political and regulatory issues;
- Assisting with business development efforts through research, presentations and blog writing;
- Producing newsletters for clients on regulatory and market developments.
We are looking for:
Applicants should possess all of the following characteristics:
- Integrity, honesty and a willingness to work hard and sometimes demanding hours;
- An excellent undergraduate and postgraduate academic record (to at least Master’s degree level);
- A strong interest in policy and international politics;
- Superior written English and communication skills;
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines, often at short notice;
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word & PowerPoint);
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Belgium.
The following characteristics, while not essential, will also be looked upon favourably:
- Fluency in a second European language other than English;
- A creative flair, in particular the ability to present information in a visually appealing manner for our clients;
- An ability to spot commercial opportunities and to take advantage of them;
- One to two years of professional work experience.
What we offer:
We have high standards and are careful to select the right people to join our team. In return, we offer:
- The opportunity to work amongst an intelligent, motivated and friendly team;
- Work that provides an intellectual challenge and develops your knowledge;
- The ability to develop expertise in new areas and take the initiative;
- Formal and informal training to support your personal and professional development;
- A competitive salary (dependent on experience), plus performance related bonus; and significant scope for future increases, dependent on performance;
- Future opportunities to work in our London office, dependent on circumstances.
Please send us your CV and covering letter describing your motivation and suitability for this role by September 18th to email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be invited for a first round Skype interview (on a rolling basis). Second round interviews will take place in our Brussels office at the end of September.
References may be requested.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!