Privacy Director (m/f/d)
Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe is looking for a
Privacy Director (m/f/d)
- Overseeing all Committees that contribute to shaping the future evolution of the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF), supporting member companies and National IABs in identifying how the TCF needs to evolve in light of enforcement actions by the National Data Protection Authorities (DPAs), national and European jurisprudence, and practical experience in the market. Key instances are the TCF Steering Group and Working Groups (currently on Policies, Data Processing Purposes, DPA Outreach and Framework Signals).
- Provide IAB Tech Lab (who collaborate with IAB Europe to provide technical support for the TCF) with appropriate direction on policy and regulatory updates to enable them to iterate on the TCF technical specifications. Working closely with IAB Europe Technical Director.
- Partnering with IAB Europe’s Marketing & Business Strategy Director on the marketing of the TCF and all communications with implementing stakeholders.
- Leading on engagement with the National DPAs on the TCF and digital advertising industry legal compliance more broadly.
- Collaborating with IAB Europe Technical Director to develop and oversee a certification programme for Consent Management Providers (CMPs) and Vendors that implement the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework, testing compliance with technical specifications and TCF “policies” and awarding certifications based on that testing in a first phase.
- Overseeing the work of IAB Europe’s GDPR Implementation Group (GIG) on topics that include developing shared interpretations of relevant provisions of the GDPR and implementations of the GDPR that are informed by industry knowledge and can be proactively socialised with key external stakeholders including the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) and individual National DPAs).
- Working with the Marketing & Business Strategy Director providing policy guidance for an educational programme that, includes webinars, F2F events and regular updates on privacy and data protection legal compliance.
- Ensuring that IAB Europe’s activities in the area of legal compliance are informed by good knowledge of developments in the EU policy environment.
- Advising the CEO on litigation involving the Association.
- A first degree in law
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in an industry association, standardisation body, law firm, consultancy or company, with a focus on data protection legal compliance
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills (including fluent English and one other European language)
- Proven record of team leadership, organisational skills and ability to work autonomously
- Sound commercial B2B understanding
- Project Management skills and techniques –able to manage a large number of deliverables simultaneously – project management certification (e.g. Prince2) and/or CIPP/E certification would be desirable qualifications but not prerequisite
- Comprehensive understanding of ad technology and the associated products would also be desirable
- Confidence, authority, and diplomacy to skilfully manage consensus across a varied membership and interested stakeholders and influence senior management
- Customer-focused and capable of cross-cultural collaboration
- Engaging and approachable
Please send CV and references to Townsend Feehan, IAB Europe CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send in applications until the 18 July 2019.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!