Programme Manager (m/f/d)
EFA – European Federation of Allergy and Airways Diseases Patients’ Associations searches a
Programme Manager (m/f/d)
EFA is looking for an experienced project manager to join as the lead of our diverse and evidence-based pan-European project programme. Our projects generate patient evidence for policy, deliver patient participation in research, raise awareness, build capacity, unite stakeholders and campaign for change in care, prevention and patient participation in Europe.
EFA is a vibrant alliance of 43 European allergy, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary patient associations from 25 countries and works for equal access to good quality care, safe, healthy environment and patient participation.
EFA Programme Manager will be working on European projects funded by the European Commission as well as European projects funded by other sources. EFA Programme Manager will plan projects, lead their implementation and manage projects budget according to timeline, deliverables and indicators. The Programme Manager will also support in EFA financial management and tools.
In the EFA office team, the Programme Manager will be working closely with EFA policy and communications experts, to make sure EFA projects maximise benefit and use of results by EFA members. EFA Projects and Engagement Officer will report to EFA Programme Manager.
The main tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop EFA project programme, in consultation with members and in collaboration with EFA partners;
- Lead EFA projects, whether they are EU public funded and public-private, sponsored or from new sources, including the submission of technical and financial reports to the European Commission and other funders;
- Lead the coordination of the involvement of EFA Members and individual patients in research projects as well as in the overall EFA project programme;
- Coordinate the preparation and the evaluation of project proposals to be submitted to the EU and to other funders;
- Ensure progress and dialogue with project partners;
- Act as mentor for EFA project interns;
- Support EFA Director and collaborate closely with professional accountants on EFA financial management;
- Represent EFA at relevant external events and stakeholder groups;
- Contribute to EFA member working groups meetings and communication on projects.
Candidates should have the following obligatory experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management and 2 years of experience in management of projects funded by the European Commission;
- Sound experience in managing budgets, full mastering of Excel;
- Understanding and/or experience in non-profit organisations (preferably patient organisations);
- Understanding of scientific ethos (evidence-based);
- Perfect working proficiency in English;
- Savvy in office digital technologies (i.e. MS, teleconference platforms, social media);
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written;
- Very good social and interpersonal skills, a keen sense of responsibility and initiative;
- True team player with ability to work autonomously within a small team, and with tight deadlines and develop others;
- Ability to coordinate, multitask, plan and prioritise a complex and diverse workload;
- Availability for occasional evening/weekend work, as well as travels.
The below desirable requirements are a plus:
- Degree in business, public health, law, political science, administration or a related field;
- Previous experience in managing projects funded by the European Commission with the role of project coordinator;
- Previous experience in a European membership or affiliate-based organisation and in engaging members, whether individuals or organisations, at the national level;
- Previous experience in organisations who fund projects or research;
- Understanding of the functioning mechanism of the European Union;
- Interest in allergy and respiratory diseases (specifically asthma and COPD), patient-centred healthcare system change, prevention and patients’ representation;
- Experience in funding from foundations or other private entities;
- Experience in voluntary work and building capacity of or training individuals or organisations;
- Fluency in several EFA members’ languages.
The location of the post is 35 Rue du Congrès, 1000 Brussels. We offer an initial 2-years Belgium standard full-time contract (renewable), including benefits; 13th month/bonus, lunch coupons, local travel support, pension scheme, hospitalisation insurance, with a competitive salary based on candidate’s experience. The working times are flexible and it is possible to work telework flexibly. Extra time due to travel or busy period will be compensated by equivalent time off. We also offer professional development opportunities according to ambitions and desires. EFA is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity.
Please apply by sending an e-mail with the subject line “EFA Programme Manager” including your CV and a cover letter by 19 February 2020, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Successful pre-screening candidates will be invited for an interview during the week of 24-28 February.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!