Project Manager (m/f/d)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is looking for a
Project Manager (m/f/d)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes, often working under difficult conditions. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ International Services (InS) is the company’s business department offering services to international clients such as the European Commission.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to start ASAP at the regional teams of the International Services based in Brussels.
- Screening and assessment of business opportunities published by the European Institutions and other donors like EU, EIB, World Bank, DFID, DEZA, DFID, MCC, etc.;
- Early intelligence and fact-finding missions to recipient countries.
- Early identification and establishment of contacts with potential project and consortium partners as well as, if necessary, to lead negotiations, with the aim to make partners available at short notice both for tender preparation and in the event that a tender is won.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and potential customers within the European Institutions and other donors;
- Autonomous preparation of letters of interest, conceptional and methodological coordination of technical offers in line with specification of various international donors as well as with GIZ procedures. Calculating competitive financial proposals in cooperation with Project Commercial Officer;
- Identification of and negotiation with experts.
- Overall responsibility for the project implementation (administrative and contractual matters, technical backstopping);
- Monitoring of the advancement of the projects including the financial, technical reporting as well as additional networking accompanying professional state-of-the-art project implementation;
- Continuous consultation with clients, project partners and consortium partners;
- Contact partner for clients, partners and experts, dealing with their questions and problems (troubleshooting) as well as working out solutions;
- In collaboration with the responsible Project Commercial Officer, monitoring of invoicing deadlines and follow-up on invoices issued;
- Undertaking coordination visits to the country, communication with the contracting authorities and supporting the project team on site;
- Monitoring and evaluation of ongoing projects, including the oversight of project reports to the client;
- Supervising Key Experts work; Identification of short-term experts and supervision of their missions.
All tasks shall be carried out under supervision of and in close collaboration with the other Project Managers.
- At least a Master degree in a relevant field, such as Economics, International Business, MBA, International Development Studies, or similar;
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in related field and in a comparable position/with a similar scope of work;
- At least 2 years’ proven experience with EU and/or other donors, tenders preparation and project management;
- A proven experience in contract negotiations with cooperation partners (international and local).
Other knowledge, additional skills:
- Full IT proficiency (all current MS Office applications, internet);
- Excellent knowledge (speaking and writing) of English and French;
- Knowledge of Arabic (MENA Region) or German will be an asset;
- Able to work autonomously under high time pressure and workload;
- Intercultural skills, service-oriented attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, negotiation and keen on working in a team.
The position is to be filled from 01.09.2019. The duration of the contract is two years with a possibility of extension.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad.
Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Diversity and respect are key elements of our corporate culture: GIZ promotes and supports every individual and in this way safeguards the individual opportunities for all employees, irrespective of sex, nationality or religion. Naturally, our management team is made up of both men and women. We are happy to support your professional development, for example with the training provision of the Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ), the leading provider of international skills development. You will receive a medical check-up, as well as detailed advice on precautionary measures, vaccinations and malaria prevention. Every two years, you and your accompanying family members will receive a precautionary check-up. The medical service is available in emergencies for employees domiciled in Germany. It also provides advice for ergonomically designed workplaces, we want you to be able to get to your workplace in a simple and environmentally friendly manner; we will therefore support you financially with a job ticket.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
We are looking forward to your application until the 18.07.2019. Please send you application to:
Didier Van Hecke
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!