PROSAFE seeks Events & Operations Officer
Events & Operations Officer
PROSAFE is seeking to recruit an experienced, flexible and dynamic candidate to its Projects team.
The available position is Events and Operations Officer for either a full-time (38h/w) or a 75% part-time starting as soon as possible.
PROSAFE is an international non-governmental organisation established in 1991 by market surveillance officers from countries throughout Europe. The main goal is to contribute to cooperation of Market Surveillance Authorities by organising Joint Actions and by developing and promoting best practices. As from 2006, PROSAFE has coordinated 24 Joint Actions between various market surveillance organizations within the EEA (European Economic Area). In total 49 products and product related issues were involved.
PROSAFE coordinates a series of Joint Actions, such as JA2016 and EEPLIANT2, which are (co-)financed by the European Union. Next to the development items, the following products are tackled by:
- JA2016: Electrical toys, Childcare articles nr. 6 (Baby carriers & Cots), Handheld Power Tools (Impact Drills), Electrical Haircare products and Climbing equipment.
- EEPLIANT2: Domestic refrigeration, Network standby, Professional refrigeration.
- JAHARP2018: Recreation Craft and Portable room Heaters.
- EEPLIANT3: Lighting, space and water heaters, air conditioning, ventilation units, tumble dryers.
The ideal candidate will be a good all-rounder as the role is 50% support to the project events organisation and the office management, and 50% support to the project financial management.
Events and Operations Officer will be responsible for:
- Organising project conferences and meetings including IT/AV arrangements, financial and follow-up with participants;
- Liaising with the communication team to publicise and promote the events;
- Providing full logistical support during conferences and meetings;
- Processing travel reimbursements and other claims/invoices for the organised meetings;
- Liaising with the project participants regarding their project administration;
- Coordinating with suppliers and other partners;
- Coordinating and managing the set-up and production of the event on site, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality event.
The selected candidate will be required to perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director to ensure the smooth running of the organisation’s activities.
- University degree of minimum 3 years in business management or administration, ICT, marketing, PR or a similar field (exclusion criteria);
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a similar position (exclusion criteria);
- Proven experience working in an international context and liaising with stakeholders from different EU countries;
- Competence in ICT/AV is a desirable asset;
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts and procurements;
- Able to negotiate in the interest of the organisation.
- A willingness to “pitch in” where required. No job too big or small.
- Ability to handle pressure, and work within tight deadlines;
- Genuine team-player;
- Calm, resourceful, and vigilant;
- Results driven;
- Positive and outgoing personality;
- A problem-solver with attention to detail and ability to spot errors;
- A can-do attitude, backed by speedy and accurate work;
- Assertive not abrasive.
The candidate should also be eligible to work in Belgium!
Ideally the candidate lives in Brussels or is willing to relocate.
The working language of PROSAFE is English, thus excellent knowledge of English with good drafting skills is mandatory.
We offer an interesting job in an organisation which brings together European Member State officers, consultants, as well as International stakeholders in a field that is of fundamental importance for the Common European Market.
The contract will be for one year with the possibility of renewal in the event of a successful cooperation with an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified individuals are required to submit:
1. Their CV;
2. A bespoke one-page cover letter in English (general not-applicable letters won’t be considered),
no later than 28th February 2019, midnight, CET to Mrs Ioana SANDU, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are reviewed on a “first come, first serve” policy and interviews may be organised before the deadline; thus, we welcome swift applications.
Only successful candidates will be informed, thank you for your understanding.
Mandatory requirement: please write in the email subject: [Your name – Events and Operations Officer].