Public Affairs Manager Europe and APAC (m/f/d)
Creating a healthier planet for our children – this is our purpose at Neste. Come and join us in engaging our political stakeholders in our Neste renewables journey!
We are looking for a
Public Affairs Manager Europe & APAC (m/f/d)
to join our global Public Affairs organization in Brussels.
Your part in the Neste’s journey
It is a great time to join us! Neste is determined to continue and accelerate its growth strategy. Faster and Bolder, Together!
Growth and diversification will make you face an increasing number of highly interesting and complex regulatory issues. The policy outcomes you influence have a stronger direct impact on how we do business and on the profitability of our business.
In your role, you will
- formulate advocacy strategy and carry out advocacy campaigns to advance Neste’s renewable products and circular solutions in selected EU Member States at all levels of the political and administrative system
- recognize emerging regulatory issues or opportunities and translate regulatory information into business insights and sales support
- represent Neste in associations, political events and other stakeholder fora in the respective markets
You will work closely with your colleagues in the global Public Affairs team and the wider Neste organisation to strengthen advocacy and wider communication effectiveness and alignment. You receive guidance and provide support especially to the regional sales leadership. The role reports to the Head of Public Affairs, Europe and APAC.
Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The combination of experiences, skills and background we value most.
- Minimum of 6 years experience with influencing policy-making in a multicultural context
- Ability to influence policy-making based on thorough knowledge of relevant regulation (Europeanand national laws on biofuels, waste legislation, climate policy) and Neste business
- Capability to build coalitions and amplify Neste positions by representing Neste in tradeassociations and other fora
- Thorough understanding of EU and national environmental, energy, transport and climate changepolicy and the related political systems and stakeholder landscapes, translating policydevelopments into business insights
- Ability to handle a growing number of increasingly complex policy issues across a set ofgeographical markets
- Strategic thinking to process and understand complex combinations of legislative and businessquestions
- Outstanding networking, negotiation, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and French
- Willingness to travel >25%
We also value
- Proficiency in Italian and other (non-Nordic) European languages
- Work experience across different types of stakeholder entities
- Existing networks in the relevant parts of Neste’s PA stakeholder landscape
We believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Johannes Lehken, Head of Strategy Deployment, +41 79 391 8657 on July 17 during 11am-12pm CET or email@example.com.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude tests.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to leave its children a healthier planet. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 5500 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largestproducer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields –people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!