Public Policy Coordinator (m/f/d)
The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) is seeking to recruit a Public Policy Coordinator based in its Brussels office, ideally beginning as soon as possible or at a mutually agreed date.
ESMO’s public policy activities support ESMO and its members by engaging with EU authorities and international institutions on issues related to the practice and profession of medical oncology. They help ESMO and its members in their mission and activities by providing specific support concerning political, European and global affairs. Proactive in public policy in Brussels & Geneva, ESMO’s political initiatives aim to promote the medical oncology profession and keep cancer policy high on the European and global agendas. ESMO’s Public Policy activities have a dual focus: European and Global. They address topics of concern to ESMO and its members, with a specific focus on promoting the practice and the profession of medical oncology and diminishing the discrepancies in the quality of cancer care. The Committees collaborate closely with leading oncology societies, international organizations (eg World Health Organization) and patient groups and coordinate their activities with key stakeholders to assure that the oncology community speaks with one united voice.
The role of the Public Policy Coordinator will be to assist the Head of Public Policy in implementing a wide-ranging portfolio related to cancer policy at EU level. The role will require a deep understanding of the health policy environment (with a focus on cancer), excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. The Coordinator will be expected to be independent and proactive and will also be willing to travel if need be (for example, ESMO Congresses). This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be involved in the oncology sector, has an understanding of health policy and is willing to learn and to grow.
This position is essential to the Public Policy team and the Coordinator may be asked to take additional responsibilities as needs arise.
Public Policy Coordinator (m/f/d)
The job description
- Assist with implementing the objectives of the ESMO Cancer Medicines Committee, among others;
- Provide research, analysis and draft responses to relevant policy issues;
- Review and copyedit manuscripts;
- Track, monitor and analyse relevant legislation at the EU (& global) levels;
- Attend meetings and produce reports as necessary;
- Organizing high-level meetings (internal and external);
- Liaise with committee members and external stakeholders;
- Administrative duties and ad hoc duties.
- Ability to complete projects efficiently and independently;
- Ability to multi-task;
- In-depth knowledge of EU institutions and policy;
- Excellent social and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Passion for working in the field of health policy.
Education & experience
- Bachelors in Political Science, Health Economics, Economics or a related subject (Masters an advantage);
- Fluency in English (oral and written);
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in EU policy environment (with a minimum of 2 years specifically focusing on health policy).
Personal / character requirements
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team;
- Ability to remain calm and considered during busy periods;
- Flexible in terms of traveling to meetings as and when needed;
- A valid EU working permit.
To apply, please provide by 06th December 2019 via e‐mail (preferred) or regular mail and in English only to Jovica Ljubojevic, HR Coordinator, ESMO, Via Ginevra 4, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An application letter of maximum one page (including notice time from current position);
- A CV of maximum one page plus at least two references;
- A recent writing sample;
- An e‐mail address, and telephone number.
NB: Applications that do not fulfil the above criteria, will not be considered.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!