Qualcomm seeks Government Affairs Director
Government Affairs Director
As senior member of Qualcomms European Government Affairs team, you will manage and shape Qualcomms EU public policy agenda on some of the key telecoms and digital policy issues, through strategic engagement with EU institutions and Member States. You will closely work with cross-functional teams to strategically advice on the impact of EU policies on Qualcomms product, technology and business roadmaps. The role requires to have deep knowledge of the EU policy decision making process, established relationships with EU institutions and a significant work experience with or in governments or regulatory agencies. The role is for a policy leader who is able to combine complex technical and business issues and transform them into impactful policy and advocacy strategies. ResponsibilitiesDevelop and lead Qualcomms strategy on a range of telecoms and digital policy issues in Europe, including the telecoms regulatory code, competition policy and data policy. Manage strategic policy projects and advocacy programs, working cross functionally with the technology, business and products teams. Engage with senior policymakers and key opinion leaders in Brussels and key Member States to help advance the policy agenda. Monitor the development of public policy issues and advise internally on the technology and business roadmap Represent Qualcomms interests and positions in national and international trade associations, industry associations, think-tanks and industry partnerships while driving specific strategic objectives
- 15+ years of experience working on telecoms and digital policies in or with European institutions, governments or regulators
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics or political science
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
- Deep knowledge of EU institutions and a strong and established network of policy makers and opinion leaders in Brussels and at EU level Strong political, technical and analytical skills, with an understanding of the interplay between regulatory, technology and economic policies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills Multi language competence (English and either French or German mandatory).
- A third European language desirable Developed interpersonal and multicultural skills Proven international negotiating skills and management skills
- Flexible in international travelling
Master’s degree in engineering, economics or political science„
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.