Research Project Officer (m/f/d)
AGE Platform Europe (a.i.s.b.l.) is a European network of 110 organisations of and for people aged 50+ which aims to voice and promote the interests of senior citizens in the European Union and to raise awareness on the issues that concern them most.
To support its advocacy role, AGE Platform Europe has been active in numerous European projects since its establishment in 2001, covering a very broad range of issues, from technology (ICT and virtual environment), to health, long-term care and more.
AGE currently research a Project Officer to work on four Horizon2020 projects, with the following goals:
- To implement and coordinate AGE activities in selected European projects in which AGE is involved: PROMISS, Phara-ON, VALUECARE and SHAPES (the latter ones starting in November/December 2019);
- To work on awareness raising, networking and perform communication and dissemination tasks in the above-mentioned projects;
- To convey AGE inputs within the project consortia and in liaison with AGE experts and members;
- To take care of both the internal (liaising with AGE membership) and external (community building and social media) communication for research projects.
Research Project Officer (m/f/d)
To implement and coordinate AGE activities in selected European projects and proposals in which AGE is involved:
- Perform the activities requested by the projects (tasks, deliverables, milestones, organisation of meetings and events) in autonomy, as well as together with AGE colleagues, and project partners;
- Collect information (mainly on e-health/m-health, assistive technologies and integrated care) and provide input to these projects and project partners;
- Liaise with project partners, develop and implement the projects’ dissemination strategies;
- When relevant, support the organisation of project meetings (e.g. agenda, meeting room and hotel booking; meals, etc.) and draft minutes;
- Take care of interim and final activity and financial reports of AGE involvement in these projects, under the supervision of AGE Office and Project Manager;
To contribute to the development and dissemination of the outcomes of EU research projects in which AGE is involved:
- Promote projects’ findings to key actors at EU and national levels;
- Write articles for newsletters, press-releases, websites, and leaflets for the projects and liaise with AGE Communication Officer;
- Make the best use of social media and other relevant media sources;
- Update AGE website with information on the projects;
- Participate to conferences, also outside Brussels, when required.
- Full command of English;
- Robust computer literacy, communication and social media skills;
- Knowledge of ICT and virtual environment issues related to autonomy in older age, health and long-term care.
- Knowledge of EU institutions and procedures;
- Knowledge of the Horizon 2020 Programme and EU research;
- Knowledge of EU e-health/m-health policy, in particular related to ageing;
- Knowledge of age discrimination and ageism;
- Knowledge of content creation and editing;
- Knowledge of graphic design;
- Knowledge of content management system (CMS) such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Ability to work in a small, busy, multilingual team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with groups and individuals;
- Very good networking abilities;
- Ability to be self-supporting and pro-active;
- Analytical skills and ability to process information on a wide variety of issues;
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise;
Open to work flexible hours and to travel within Europe for project meetings when required.
Contract time-length: 12 months to be performed full time (the possibility of extension will be evaluated).
Salary: 2.600 – 2.800 EUR (gross) per month depending on skills and experience.
- Deadline for sending applications: 18 October 2019 (17:30 CET);
- Interviews will be held during the week of 21 October 2019;
- Start: as soon as possible – Ideally on 4th November 2019.
To apply, please send:
- One-page motivation letter;
- A detailed CV and;
- A laid-out communication brief (max. 400 words) on “Challenges to ageing well” to Ilenia Gheno, Research Project Manager.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that AGE cannot refund travel and accommodation costs for the interviews but if needed, the interview can be organised by phone or Skype.
In case of questions, please write an e-mail (no phone calls related to the application).
AGE is an equal opportunity employer
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!