Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is seeking a Project Manager
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office is seeking to appoint a
Project Manager (permanent, full-time)
to start as early as possible, preferably by 1 January 2017.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that is active in Germany and abroad. Its work is based on the ideas and actions of its namesake, the socialist activist Rosa Luxemburg. We work to promote peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The main focus of the Brussels office is to follow the policies of the European Union from a critical point of view; it is involved in elaborating alternative strategies to European integration. As the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is expanding its activities in Great Britain and Ireland as well as Scandinavia, we are looking for a Project Manager to support us in our work.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing, carrying out and evaluating events in terms of content and organisation, and managing financial aspects
- Preparing reports and detailed documentation on events, along with materials and articles for PR purposes
- Cooperation and maintaining contacts with institutions, NGOs and other partners of the office
- Working with partners to produce studies on relevant political issues, including administrative tasks and detailed documentation
- Research activities, handling thematic and regional issues, producing studies and articles on specific regional topics
- General office tasks
What you offer:
- Strong academic background
- Very good knowledge of the European Union, its institutions and current political debates and a desire to work in the context of the EU
- Experience in project management and event organisation, particularly in collaboration with NGOs, social movements and other political/civil society players
- Good command of German, English and French, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Very good IT skills
- Identification with the Foundation’s values
- Intercultural skills; good communication and organisational skills, ability to work in a team
- The ability to familiarise yourself rapidly with new facts
- Experience in international cooperation outside Europe is an advantage
High levels of commitment and a desire to learn new things you enjoy communicating with our partners, members of Parliament and government offices all over the world and explaining to them how we work and what we can do.
What we offer:
- Varied work that allows you to learn something new every day and provides broad scope to be creative and develop your potential
- An opportunity to work in an international environment
- Remuneration in line with local salary levels in Brussels
Please send your application in German or English, including your salary expectations, by 14 November 2016 by e-mail to:
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels office
Dr. Martin Schirdewan
Avenue Michel-Ange 11
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an equal opportunities employer.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.