RTL Group seeks European Affairs Policy Manager
RTL Group is the leading European entertainment network, with interests in 57 television channels and 31 radio stations and content production throughout the world. The television portfolio of Europe’s largest broadcaster includes RTL Television in Germany, M6 in France, the RTL channels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Croatia, Hungary and Antena 3 in Spain. The Group also operates the channels RTL CBS Entertainment HD and RTL CBS Extreme HD in Southeast Asia. RTL Group’s families of TV channels are either the number one or number two in eight European countries. The Group’s flagship radio station is RTL in France, and it also owns or has interests in other stations in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and Luxembourg. RTL Group’s content production arm, FremantleMedia, is one of the largest international creators, producers and distributors of multi-genre content outside the US. With operations in 29 countries, FremantleMedia’s comprehensive global network is responsible for more than 10,000 hours of programming a year and distributes over 20,000 hours of content worldwide. Combining the catch-up TV services of its broadcasters, the multi-channel networks BroadbandTV, StyleHaul and Divimove as well as FremantleMedia’s more than 215 YouTube channels, RTL Group has become the leading European media company in online video. RTL Group also owns a majority stake in the programmatic video advertising platform SpotX. For more information, please visit RTLGroup.com and follow RTL Group on Twitter @rtlgroup and LinkedIn.
RTL Group’s Corporate Centre is the head office of one of Europe’s largest and most dynamic media companies. By joining us you enter a fascinating and multifaceted industry, you embark on a career in a passionate working environment where your talent will be recognized, your performance rewarded and your individuality respected.
European Affairs Policy Manager
- Monitor and assess the impact of relevant EU policy developments, with strong focus on intellectual property rights, audio-visual media policy and Digital Single Market issues;
- Assure information and reporting to the relevant company functions and propose action with the aim of supporting RTL Group commercial objectives;
- Establish contacts with EU institution officials and other stakeholders, represent RTL Group in relevant meetings and conferences and/or facilitate the participation of business-level colleagues;
- Drive and/or contribute to EU policy discussions in trade associations and internal/external stakeholder groups;
- Support the Senior Vice President European Affairs and local operations on relevant European public affairs issues.
- University degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field (such as law or politics);
- Strong background in intellectual property rights and copyright is a requirement, a good understanding of competition law and policy is highly desirable;
- At least 5 years of experience in a EU policy role with a public affairs consultancy or in an international corporate setting;
- Sound judgement, analytical mind-set, capable of handling vast amounts of information and translating them into focused, business-level oral and written briefings;
- Detailed understanding of the EU policy-making process (including the internal procedures of the Commission, European Parliament and Council);
- Media industry exposure would be an asset;
- Ability to prioritise and work autonomously;
- Perfect command of spoken and written English is a requirement. Fluency in other European languages, such as German and/or French would be an asset;
- Excellent communicator able to rapidly and efficiently build his/her own personal network, both in-house and with external stakeholders;
- Interpersonal skills enabling the post holder to establish credibility and effective working relationships with senior internal and external contacts.
The position is based in Brussels and reports to the SVP European Affairs.
We offer the opportunity:
- to be part of a growth oriented leader in the global media industry;
- to join an employer with an entrepreneurial, and collaborative company culture;
- to join a team of international professionals;
- to take on and manage autonomously challenging projects;
- to develop your technical, financial and project management skills in an international setting, on the job and supported by appropriate training measures.
Moreover we offer an attractive remuneration package, in line with the market and the positions’ requirements.
How to apply:
See our website for more details and for your online application: www.rtlgroup.com/en/special/job_details