SAA seeks Public Affairs and Communications Manager
Public Affairs and Communications Manager
SAA, the European grouping of collective management organisations for screenwriters and directors, is looking to appoint a Public Affairs and Communications Manager to run the organisation’s public affairs’ work and manage the communication strategy and activities under the Executive Director’s supervision.
Run and develop the SAA’s public affairs’ activities
- Monitor European policy developments in copyright and audiovisual policy and actively follow the EU institutions’ activities in these fields;
- Develop and maintain contacts with EU officials (EP, EC, Permanent Representations) and stakeholders and actively engage with them in the relevant fields of interest of the SAA;
- Attend conferences and meetings, draft reports, notes and position papers, conduct studies and research.
Formulate and manage the overall communication strategy and specific campaigns
- Create and implement both traditional and innovative communication strategies;
- Develop targeted communication tools and materials (written, visual or audiovisual) for various target groups;
- Draft and promote press releases and blog posts;
- Develop and maintain good relations with the EU press and media community;
- Develop interview and speaking opportunities;
- Organise conferences, press briefings and other relevant events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master degree in European affairs, politics, law or economics, with relevant experience in the areas of work of SAA: copyright, culture, audiovisual sector;
- Minimum three years’ work experience in European institutions, public affairs, consultancies or lobby groups in the European environment of Brussels;
- Sound knowledge of the EU institutions and of the EU decision-making process;
- Excellent English with a proven ability to write in a clear, understandable and engaging way. Knowledge of German desirable;
- Very good public relations’ skills;
- Dynamic, creative and responsible, showing autonomy, initiative and reactivity;
- IT skills: Office, database and website management, basic graphic design.
- A full-time position giving you the opportunity to integrate a small, dynamic and multi-cultural team in a membership organisation;
- An undetermined contract with salary according to experience, coupled with various benefits (lunch vouchers, 13th month, ecochèques and transportation costs within Brussels region).
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com by 31 October. Only relevant candidates will receive a reply.