Sandoz seeks Market Access and Public Affairs Officer
Market Access and Public Affairs Officer
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a global leader in generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars, driving sustainable access to high-quality healthcare. Sandoz supplies a broad range of affordable, primarily off-patent products to patients and customers around the globe. The Sandoz portfolio comprises approximately 1,100 molecules, which accounted for 2015 sales of USD 9.2 billion. Our company holds leading global positions in biosimilars as well as in generic anti-infectives, ophthalmics and transplantation medicines.
To reinforce the Belgian Market Access and Public Affairs team, we are looking for an experienced Market Access & Public Affairs Officer.
As a member for the Market Access and Public Affairs team, you are in charge of the execution of Market Access operational excellence of your own product portfolio. You’re the ambassador of Sandoz by maintaining and developing your network within the industry and stakeholders.
Your main focus for the Market Access & Public Affairs Officer will be to:
- Develop market access dossiers for our new products
- Provide Support in Market Access & Public Affairs strategies
- Provide Support in analysis of the evolution in the Belgian healthcare systems
- Enhance the company’s visibility and reputation both within and outside the pharmaceutical industry
- Ensure the company’s point of view is heard by establishing and maintaining proactively open dialogue between the company and key external stakeholders
Your main duties will the following ones:
Market Access (75%)
- Follow up of Pricing and Reimbursement dossiers from pre-submission meeting until reimbursement including follow-up on questions and close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop the Pricing and Reimbursement dossiers (generics, hybrids and biosimilar products) as an “Editor-in-Chief” in close collaboration with the Market Access Team
- Provide support to all operating company departments on pricing and reimbursement related matters
- Support the European pricing and reimbursement groups with adequate information on local regulatory, pricing and reimbursement requirements.
- Monitoring internal procedures and databases
- Follow up of switches of products
- Organisation of notification commercialisation and availability status to authorities and APB
- Administrative tasks
Public Affairs (25%)
- Provide support in the key stakeholder mapping
- Development of a stakeholder network, in line with the priorities of Public Affairs and Market Access plans and the priorities of the company
- Become a valuable resource and partner to progress policy solutions with external stakeholders and enhance the company’s reputation as a valuable partner in healthcare
- Develop a broad view on general developments in Belgian healthcare sector
- Participate actively in the meetings with Global Public Affairs Department
Why work for Sandoz?
Sandoz is uniquely positioned as both a global generics leader and part of the worldwide Novartis Group.
Our single greatest differentiator is our entrepreneurial culture. We combine the resources and long-term vision of a global pharmaceutical leader with the energy, drive and flexibility of a start-up.
The group-wide Novartis Values & Behaviors are key to creating a culture that is performance oriented but still focused on collaboration, inclusive leadership and innovation, whilst safeguarding quality and integrity.
We strive to be an employer of choice that attracts, develops and motivates talented and performance-driven people from all around the world.
Therefore we want to provide a challenging learning environment for all associates across the organization and have an ongoing focus to develop people, so that they might progress their career and personal development, and ultimately grow our business.
On top, we want to recognize our associates through our performance-based compensation policy which is designed to incentivize associates for creating sustainable value for Sandoz and for living our values and behaviors.
Our compensation packages are competitive with world-class companies and industry peers.
On top of being part of an innovative organization where you will have room for creativity & individual development, you will be offered a competitive compensation package, including bonus and extensive fringe benefits.
Minimum requirements/Your profile
We are looking for candidates with 3 to 5 year experience in market access, strategic insight, negotiation, stakeholder management within the pharmaceutical industry. An in-depth knowledge of the Belgian political and healthcare systems is a must. A proven ability to understand and clearly communicate medical, scientific, market access and health economic topics.
“I can do” attitude with a good sense of urgency.
University degree with scientific background or equivalent by experience.
Fluent in Dutch, French & English.
Excellent IT skills.