Siegfried Mureșan MEP offers Traineeship
Siegfried Mureșan, Member of the European Parliament, is offering a
for a 6 months’ period in his office in the European Parliament starting in January 2017
- Gain knowledge on the European Parliament’s working methods and enlarge knowledge on European Affairs: legislative process, inter-institutional setup;
- Develop a pro-active attitude on areas of interest of the MEP (mainly economic and EU budgetary matters): ideas on how to react to specific issues, proposals for initiatives;
- Develop skills for policy analysis by engaging in activities of policy research and drafting of articles and briefings.
Main tasks consist in supporting MEP or MEP’s assistants in their daily activities by:
- Attending meetings of ECON/BUDG Committees or EPP Group Working Groups/Group meetings;
- Drafting minutes of relevant meetings and discussions;
- Drafting articles, press releases, speaking points, translating texts from English to Romanian and vice versa;
- Providing administrative support to office staff;
- Organising conferences, seminars and visitor groups.
Profile and Requirements
- Citizen of any Member State of the European Union;
- Native Romanian speaker;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French or German is an asset;
- Graduate student, preferably in Economics, International Relations, European Studies, Law or related fields;
- Knowledge of European political landscape;
- Good organisational and IT skills, good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to new issues, proactive attitude, self-motivation;
- Positive attitude towards new challenges and working as a team player in an international working environment.
- A professional working environment;
- A 6-month traineeship with the possibility of extension;
- A competitive remuneration.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to email@example.com by Friday, 16 December 2016.