Siemens seeks Senior Policy Advisor “EU Government Affairs”
Senior Policy Advisor “EU Government Affairs”
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
We are looking for a Senior Director EU Government Affairs.
Our Government Affairs team continuously monitors political developments and follows up on regulatory opportunities in relevant political arenas worldwide. In close cooperation with our internal business partners, the team develops propelling advocacy strategies that enhance the regulatory framework. They proactively leverage our government relations to globally support our digital, smart and connected products, platforms, services and business models.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- The objective is to identify regulatory opportunities according to our business and innovation strategy in relevant political arenas worldwide early on
- Towards this end, it is your mission to engage in and strengthen government relations proactively
- In this role you will work closely with divisions, regions and corporate units to identify top business priorities to be reflected in the regulatory framework
- In this context, you set up, steer globally as well as run and execute regulatory for business projects in all world regions
- You will also guide and support a global team of regional GA colleagues to successfully drive the defined assignments
- The chosen candidate is the interface to the Executive Office of the relevant Member of the Managing Board and will advise the Executive board on respective political and regulatory matters
- Your ownership includes that you continuously add to and improve our advocacy and outreach instruments and support colleagues with expertise worldwide, including an active dialogue both internally and externally on effectiveness of instruments
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have an excellent university degree in business administration, law, engineering and /or in a related field of expertise
- As an expert you have at least 5 years experience in EU Government Affairs with a profound expertise in Siemens sectors of activity ass well as min. 3 years experience in function Strategy or Consulting and in leading international project teams
- The ideal candidate has lived and worked abroad and has the willingness to travel internationally to manage global projects
- Following attributes describe you: Profound understanding of regulations and political arenas, strong business background, passion to accomplish missions, expert in the data economy as well as for digital, automated innovations and business models
- The chosen candidate has strong advocacy skills to maximize value for Siemens in multi-stakeholder environments and posses the ability to align internal and external interests to form joint projects across many internal and external stakeholders
- In your former roles you proofed your high amount of project management skills to set-up, run, track and communicate projects
- Fluent English skills are essential, other language skills are desirable