Smart Energy Demand Coalition seeks Senior Policy Adviser
Senior Policy Adviser
Are you motivated to play an active part in Europe’s energy transition?
The Smart Energy Demand Coalition SEDC is the European business association dedicated to digital, decentralised energy solutions. We represent members along the entire value chain, including research, technology, energy supply and services.
You will be part of a dynamic international team in the EU area in Brussels. Your core tasks will involve the preparation, facilitation and implementation of SEDC’s policy and advocacy activities, in strong cooperation with our membership and the team.
- Coordination of SEDC’s external positioning on policies and regulation
- Facilitation of SEDC’s internal Committee and Task Force work
- Advocacy to promote the SEDC positions towards decision-makers in Brussels and Europe
- Drafting of SEDC briefings, publications and position papers
- Interaction with the SEDC membership on all relevant topics
- Representation of SEDC in conferences, workshops and stakeholder events
- Contribution to the SEDC’s public outreach and social media activities
Desired skills and experience
- A university degree (Master or equivalent) in energy economics, political science, law, engineering, or similar
- At least five years of relevant professional experience
- Solid knowledge of the decision-making process of the EU institutions
- A good understanding of the energy sector in Europe
- Strong organisational, networking and communication skills
- Analytical, curious, pragmatic and flexible approach and attitude
- Skilled in drafting briefings, articles and reports
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, other European languages are an asset
If you are inspired by the position, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Application Senior Policy Adviser” as a subject.
Please include in your application:
- A CV of no more than two pages
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for the position
- A one-page summary of your advocacy strategy towards the European Parliament and Council to ensure that SEDC priorities are reflected in the European Clean Energy Package
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 30 November 2017. The first round of interviews will take place in week 50.