Social Services Europe seeks Junior Policy Officer
Junior Policy Officer
Social Services Europe is a network of eight European umbrella organisations representing not-for-profit social service providers. Our national members provide services to people with disabilities, homeless people, migrants, children, the elderly, and people in vulnerable situations in general. The network aims to strengthen the profile and position of not-for-profit social service providers in Europe, and promote the visibility, recognition and impact of the social sector.
We do this through:
- Advocacy – including briefings and position papers, presenting our positions and views;
- Networking and alliance-building – Social Services Europe build on close cooperation with EU institutions and civil society organisations;
- Projects – investigating service organisation and delivery.
The applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Recent university degree in a relevant field;
- Basic understanding of EU decision-making;
- Basic understanding of key challenges faced by the not-for-profit social services sector;
- Fluent in English (oral and in writing);
- Strong networking and communication skills;
- Able to work independently.
The chosen candidate will be trained to become an expert in European social policies by contributing responsibly to SSE with following tasks:
- General support to the organisational needs and follow up on monthly board and working group meetings;
- Support in organising events (including an event at the European Parliament);
- Prepare and promote/disseminate policy papers;
- Prepare and disseminate monthly newsletters;
- Support SSE members with the implementation of the annual work programme;
- Manage the organisation’s website and e-mail account;
- If explicitly mandated by the President of SSE, represent the organisation externally.
We are looking for somebody to start the 1st of September 2018. The contract will be 6 months. The possibility of being renewed up to 6 months more will be assessed in due time. The position holder will be based in Brussels, at the organisation with the presidency of Social Services Europe. The position holder will work 37,5 h per week, from 9h-17h30, with one hour of lunch. Level of remuneration will be set as provided by law under convention d’immersion professionelle.
Selection interviews will take place in Brussels. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted. If you are interested, please send a cover letter (max 1 page) explaining why you are the right person for the role and CV (max 2 pages) to email@example.com by 16th July 2018, 09:00 p.m., stating ‘SSE application’ in the subject line.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.