SolarPower Europe seeks Policy Officer (m/f)
SolarPower Europe, the new EPIA (European Photovoltaic Industry Association), is a member-led association representing organisations active along the whole value chain. Our aim is to shape the regulatory environment and enhance business opportunities for solar power in Europe.
With headquarters in Brussels, we are seeking a highly motivated person to join our Policy unit. The Policy unit focuses on, inter alia, developing thought leading intelligence on markets, industry and technologies with a view to successfully positioning solar-based energy solutions with policymakers at the European and national levels.
We offer an attractive working environment within a dynamic and international team in Brussels. This position gives you the opportunity to work in a continuously evolving environment and represents a challenging experience to develop your career.
SolarPower Europe seeks
Policy Officer (m/f)
- Solar is a fast-growing renewable energy source in Europe. It offers many opportunities to consumers and businesses, as well as to the energy system. But is also requires a step-change in the way we think about energy and business. This is why we need someone like you.
- You have a passion for the energy transition and you are innovative. In order to succeed, you have a perfect understanding and knowledge of the EU decision-making process.
- You are a good speaker and are able to express ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral forms. You can establish contacts easily and therefore create alliances in your daily lobbying work.
- With a Master’s Degree and a proven track record of 3 to 5 years of experience in European public affairs, your contribution to the team will be key to achieve our goals.
- Working with your colleagues from other units, you are able to demonstrate the business-relevance of our policy work to our members. Instead of thinking in silos, you are fully aware of the multiple dimensions related to the mission of a trade association.
- Your ability to work independently, as well as in team and under time pressure, will be vital. If you feel comfortable with these different dimensions we will want to learn more about you.
The Policy Officer will be directly responsible for at least one of the policy area priorities identified by our organisation.
Reporting to the Policy Director, she/he will notably:
- Be in charge of defining SolarPower Europe’s policy asks in this area(s), in close consultation with our members and our team
- Conduct research and produce evidence based positions, to support our policy asks
- Define and implement the advocacy strategy to promote our positions by interacting with EU-decision makers and potential allies
- Create, maintain and extend over time a strong network of contacts in Brussels
- Prepare briefing notes, presentations and relevant materials in relation with this policy area for the Strategy Committee, the management team and for press requests
- Ensure external representation of our positions by attending and speaking at workshops and conferences
- Contribute to the content of SolarPower Europe’s communication tools (policy updates, SOLARIS newsletter, social media and website)
- Identify key trends in the policy and research arenas that can be used to drive recruitment and retention of members
- Be the focal point for our members on this policy area(s)
- In addition, the Policy Officer will also be in charge of an EU-funded project in relation with our annual work programme, with a particular focus on the delivery of results and outputs in a timely manner.
- Finally, the Policy Officer may, where appropriate, be responsible for operating a Task-Force so as to deliver business-relevant services to our members.
A motivation letter (1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages) should be sent to email@example.com by 18/10/2015 quoting “Policy Officer” in subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview