SolarPower Europe seeks Political Communications and Events Officer (m/f)
SolarPower Europe’s Mission is to shape the regulatory environment to promote the growing market opportunity for solar in Europe.
- Successfully positioning solar-based energy solutions with policymakers at the European level and through national level influence so that an enabling environment is delivered for solar power growth in Europe.
- Producing thought leading energy market analysis that supports the business objectives of our members and promotes solar power to policymakers and the energy sector.
- Ensuring that solar-based energy solutions have access to financing and funding across Europe, through communication and exchange finance through communication with the finance community.
- Effectively communicating the benefits of solar power through all relevant communication channels, with consistent messages across Europe and globally, so that our key arguments gain traction in both the media and with stakeholders.
- Effective coordination of business opportunities for members through supporting the attendance of members at the best networking and business development platforms in Europe and beyond
SolarPower Europe seeks
Political Communications and Events Officer (m/f)
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for the effective management and implementation of SolarPower Europe’s external communications activities, including:
- Management of the association’s website, continuously updating content and improving the interactivity of the site.
- Ensuring that traffic increases and that users engage with content.
- Management of the social media strategy to ensure that SolarPower Europe is active and engaged in all relevant digital conversations. The main focus is on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Management of all relations with the traditional media, facilitating exchanges between journalists and experts in the team
- Delivery of a monthly members newsletter and a bi-weekly members media update
- Responsible for media monitoring to ensure quick response to any mention of SolarPower Europe
- Identifying ways of improving performance and suggesting means to deliver improved coverage
- Responsible for supporting the achievement of key policy objectives of SolarPower Europe:
- Support the CEO with engagement on key policy issues, such as international trade
- Arrange meetings with policymakers in the European institutions
- Organise all internal and external events (including budget, agenda, logistics and marketing):
- Responsible for managing all event related budgets
- Responsible for organising the agenda (concept, topics, speakers) of all events
- Coordinate all elements of speaker management (selection, invitation, follow up, on site management)
- Manage a large range of sub-contractors (venue, catering, audio visual, security, stand builders, designers etc.)
- Develop, negotiate, sell and follow up all event partnership and sponsorship contracts
- Increase revenue through attracting delegates, sponsors and partners
- Coordinate the entire delegate registration process (pricing, registration system, invoicing, communications)
- Coordinate all event related print and digital marketing material (emailing, web, social media, leaflets etc.)
- Develop new events and partnerships
- Three years’ experience in event management, public affairs or communications, preferably in Brussels
- Experience of working with a European association, preferably in the energy sector
- Degree in communications, event management, EU Affairs, marketing, or equivalent
- Experience of working with the European institutions and running/supporting political campaigns in Brussels
- Outstanding IT skills and experience with database and website content management
- Knowledge of graphic design programmes and experience in creating infographics is an asset
- Experience of running social media platforms for an association/company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, customer oriented, flexibility, responsibility
- Fluent English (native speaker level preferred), any other European language is an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team, under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A passion for renewable energies
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) should be sent to Bilall Bahia (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 16 October quoting “Political Communications and Events Officer” in subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.