Solvay seeks Public Affairs Assistant
As an international chemical group, SOLVAY assists industries in finding and implementing ever more responsible and value-creating solutions.Solvay generates 90% of its net sales in activities where it is among the world‘s top three players.It serves many markets, varying from energy and the environment to automotive and aeronautics or electricity and electronics, with one goal: to raise the performance of its clients and improve society’s quality of life.
Assistant for Zone Europe
and Government and Public Affairs
We are currently looking for an assistant to support the activities of Corporate Government & Public Affairs and Region Europe. In that frame, the assistant will be in regular contact with colleagues worldwide but also with European authorities and other competent institutions.
The role will be based in Brussels in the Corporate Headquarter.
- Management and coordination of agendas
- Arranging and coordinating complex meetings (conference calls, telepresence, visio-conference, …)
- Arranging business trips and ensuring expense reimbursements
- Coordinating events & activities including teambuilding events and celebrations such as annual meetings, workshops, …
- Assisting managers with daily administrative tasks
- Processing invoices/purchase orders
- Taking meeting minutes
- Filing sorting
In addition the tasks listed above, the assistant might be involved in different projects such as contribute to the Newsletter edition, keeping up-to-date Solvay presentations or maps, participate to the quarterly reporting, …
She/he will also be the backup of the assistant to the Corporate GPA and Region Europe General Manager.
- You have a bachelor degree (administrative, executive assistant or similar orientation). Having at least one relevant experience as a management assistant is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and French written and spoken. Mastering English is a must. Knowledge of Dutch might be an asset.
- You demonstrate very good writing skills in both French and English.
- You are very comfortable with the use of IT Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
- You are a real team player and ready to collaborate
- You show commitment to your responsibilities and can organize yourself taking into account demanding business needs.
- You feel comfortable about variable workloads and you can organize your work in order to deliver efficient service
- You have a proactive, rigorous and autonomous working style.
How to apply
Apply via the company website: https://solvay.taleo.net/careersection