Senior Finance Officer (m/f/d)
IGLYO – International LGBTQI Youth and Student Organisation searches
Senior Finance Officer (m/f/d)
(Full-time: 37,5 hrs)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 February 2020 18:00 CET
IGLYO has grown considerably over the last few years, with an annual income of over €550.000. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Finance Officer to manage the organisation’s financial processes, prepare reports to funders, and manage the office. If you have a keen interest in numbers and an excellent eye for detail, we would love to hear from you.
Only completed application forms will be considered for the role.
Application Form: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XBL5NKD
Financial and budget management
- To be responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting to IGLYO’s multiple funders, in full compliance of the specific rules and requirements of each funding source (including the European Commission);
- To work with the Executive Director to ensure accurate and timely preparations of IGLYO’s annual budget, financial statements, and annual accounts, to be submitted to the appropriate statutory authorities including governments, auditors and accountants;
- To oversee, approve, and maintain all financial accounting systems and to prepare cash flow statements and forecasts to ensure optimal operations;
- To support the implementation of internal controls and work with IGLYO’s Bookkeeper to ensure legal compliance;
- To work with the Executive Director to develop and implement financial policies, procedures and controls for sound financial management and administration of IGLYO’s assets and ensure effective management of financial resources.
- Process documents relating to activities and process receipts and payments in an accurate and timely manner, and ensure they are received in accordance with grantor rules and regulations;
- To code and enter all income and expenses into the accounting system;
- Process and monitor all credit card, online payments, and petty cash transactions;
- Utilise the bookkeeping software to supply information on income and expenditure on specific activities;
- Verify the accuracy and accordance of costs in relation to the allowability of expenses reported to external funders on a continuous basis;
- Process and retain documents and evidence in accordance with grantor’s rules and regulations;
- Assist with the various year end and annual audits and financial closes;
- Identify discrepancies in income and payments and either resolve or refer to the Executive Director when outside own authority.
- Maintain accurate and timely payroll and employee documentation through retention and organization of documents;
- Utilize and properly manage the external payroll providers to meet the needs of monthly payroll;
- Assist with recruiting and staffing practices when necessary.
Manage IGLYO’s Administration Assistant to:
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day running of the office systems, supplies, technology and equipment;
- Liaise with service providers, technicians and building administrators to ensure a good maintenance level of the premises;
- Liaise with IGLYO’s various insurance providers;
- Update all relevant legal documents, such as Moniteur Belge, when required;
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence and respond to enquiries, referring these to other staff, elsewhere within IGLYO or externally as appropriate;
- Provide an efficient and effective administrative service by implementing and monitoring systems and procedures;
- Develop and implement systems to ensure that IGLYO’s online filing system is well organised and maintained.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!