Statoil seeks Researcher Government Relations and Public Affairs
Researcher Government Relations and Public Affairs
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Corporate communication (CCOM) aims to be an internationally leading communication unit. We safeguard and enhance the company’s reputation by supporting activities aimed at helping Statoil achieve its strategic goals. CCOM’s role to systematically raise awareness and build trust among the public in Norway, specific target groups internationally, and in regions where the company is concentrating its efforts. We also place a lot of emphasis on create enthusiasm and pride among our employees.
We are currently looking for a researcher to cover EU energy and climate policies. You will assist our professional staff and work independently on EU affairs.
You will be part of a small team that works closely together on various tasks connecting Statoil business units with EU policies.
- On a daily base monitoring and analyzing policy initiatives and legislation relevant to Statoil’s business
- Provide reports and analysis as assigned
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Profound knowledge of EU institutions, preferably experience from working as a trainee within the EU system.
- The ideal candidate should also have dealt with energy related issues in some form.
- English is the working language of the office.
- Strong analytical abilities and communication skills are essential.
- A professional, open and flexible attitude is highly valued in a multi-cultural office like ours.
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
This is a 2 year temporary contract
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Please note that this is a temporary position
Closing date: Feb 7 2018