Terre des Hommes seeks EU Advocacy and Funding Officer
EU Advocacy and Funding Officer
Terre des Hommes is looking for a versatile, courageous and creative EU Advocacy and Funding Officer (permanent contract, 80%) based in Brussels.
Terre des Hommes is a federation of ten organisations working to empower children, champion their rights and bring about sustainable development across the globe. We have helped over ten million people in 67 countries, from basic services in the field to advocating for and on behalf of children at the international and European level.
The EU Advocacy and Funding Officer will lead the design and implementation of an advocacy strategy towards the European Union on funding for the rights and protection of the most vulnerable children, both in the internal and external EU context. They will also facilitate and strengthen the capacity of Terre des Hommes International Federation to access EU funding.
- Research, identify and analyse EU funding developments under current relevant programmes, as well as the processes influencing the next Multiannual Financial Framework and the allocation of EU internal/external funds in line with TDHIF’s mission;
- Monitor, in cooperation with staff of the International Secretariat and Member Organisations, relevant internal and external EU (funding) policy developments concerning children – in particular those facing situations of vulnerability such as children in migration, children facing exploitation, children in conflict with the law, children in emergencies – equitable development and the protection of child rights;
- Identify EU funding opportunities and lead advocacy for the increase of EU funding for the protection of children, their rights and equitable development through strategic advocacy towards the European Commission, European Parliament, EU Member States and other key stakeholders.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum five years relevant experience in EU advocacy and good understanding of EU policies, decision-making process and institutions;
- Good knowledge of international human rights, development aid, humanitarian aid and/or child protection frameworks;
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant EU internal / external funding instruments;
- Excellent communication, organizational and management skills;
- Key ability to see and influence opportunity, including through excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Permanent, 80% schedule with possibility of working remotely one day per week as agreed with supervisor and depending on priorities. Ad hoc travel may be required, estimated at 4-6 times per year.
Deadline: 22 July 2018
Interviews: 1-2 August 2018 in Brussels
Please read the full job description here before applying.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send complete the application form available here and submit a signed electronic version via email, accompanied by an application letter (1 page max) as well as your CV, to Delphine Moralis, Secretary General of the Terre des Hommes International Federation, using following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in applying for the EU Advocacy and Funding Officer at Terre des Hommes. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.