Tetra Pak seeks Public Affairs & Communications Officer
Public Affairs & Communications Officer
Tetra Pak is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With almost 22,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™,“ reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
Tetra Pak’s global Public Affairs team, based in Brussels, has an immediate opening for a Public Affairs & Communications Officer
Our future Public Affairs and Communications Officer will help coordinating our advocacy and engagement with policy stakeholders worldwide, support with the management of our globally dispersed team and contribute to the implementation of public affairs programmes.
Main tasks include:
- Help coordinating our advocacy and engagement with policy stakeholders worldwide (develop stakeholder maps)
- Develop and implement plans for targeted communications on Tetra Pak’s priority issues (incl. public speaking opportunities, preparation of internal and external meetings and events)
- Lead the monitoring of public policies and regulatory developments on food and health issues relevant to Tetra Pak and its customers driven by international organisations and/or the EU; coordinate the monitoring globally, manage a global issue group; stay up to date with developments and publications, identify trends and emerging issues
- Support the team with drafting communication materials such as position papers, executive briefings, power point presentations, speeches as well as pieces for print and social media
- Represent Tetra Pak at externals meetings on relevant policy topics.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the Tetra Pak organisation to ensure efficient and timely internal communication, early alerts and coordinated advocacy
Our Public Affairs team is part of Tetra Pak’s Corporate Communications Function and collaborates with colleagues across the world on their specific areas of expertise including food and health, product safety, innovation and environment policy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Obtained a relevant Bachelor/Master’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of related professional experience – ideally in areas related to the food or packaging sector within an international communications or Public Affairs Agency, an in-house corporate Communications or Public Affairs team, or an international governmental or non-governmental organisation.
- Strong interest in sustainability and in policy issues impacting the food and packaging sector
- A high degree of fluency in English a must, fluency in any other major language a plus
- A good grasp of political processes and government systems
- Ability to quickly analyse and understand complex issues, summarize and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively to broad audiences in a concise way
- Excellent communication skills – oral and in writing for web, print and social media
- Commitment to the highest quality standards
- Ability to manage multiple issues and tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a global, culturally diverse team
- Excellent IT skills particularly in the use of Microsoft office packages
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Desire to build a long-term career in a world leading global company
Interested to join in our team?
If you want to spend your commitment and your drive to make a serious difference in a leading international player, please send your application as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.