The European Policy Centre seeks Senior Policy Analyst “European Migration and Diversity”
The European Policy Centre is seeking a
Senior Policy Analyst
to work on its European Migration and Diversity (EMD) programme.
The successful candidate should have a solid academic background (PhD) and more specifically:
- Proven interest and experience in policy analysis of migration, asylum and integration policies at European and global levels.
- Proven capacity to draft and present policy analysis at a high level.
- Recognised expertise in their field (by their peers and policy makers) with extensive publications.
- Capacity to network and to lead team work.
- Enthusiastic interest in and commitment to European affairs.
- Good network within European Institutions.
- Entrepreneurial attitude towards partnership building and programme development.
- Extensive relevant professional experience (at least 6 years other than internships).
- Fluent in English and in at least one other major European language.
- Leading the elaboration & implementation of EPC activities related to migration and mobility, as well as leading on EPC’s work on the refugees crisis and Schengen, including identifying and developing project financing possibilities.
- Making cross-cutting linkages to other policy areas including free movement of people, security, foreign policy and development.
- Leading, coaching and motivating junior members of the EMD team.
- Planning and organisation of related events in coordination with the Events Team.
- Research and analysis for publications and website.
- Chairing of EPC events & meetings and representing EPC at external events in the area of policy focus.
- Contacts with the media in coordination with the Communications department.
- Promoting the EPC to potential members and funders.
- Reporting to the Director of Studies
Start date: As soon as possible
Terms and conditions: Negotiable. This position is suitable for a free-lancer.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a motivation letter together with a CV and a list of publications to Ms Maral Bedrossian, firstname.lastname@example.org – Please mention EMD SPA
Deadline for applications: 27 May 2016
In view of the expected high number of applications, we will only be able to contact the candidates shortlisted for an interview. Thank you for your understanding and for your interest in this position