The European Retail Round Table seeks Sustainability Manager
The European Retail Round Table (ERRT) brings together the chief executives of Europe’s largest international retail companies who share their collective experience and ideas with policy makers in view of giving Europe’s consumers better access to the benefits of the Single Market.
Sustainability is at the heart of the modern retail sector and mainstreamed in ERRT member companies’ operations and strategies. They are determined to fulfill their environmental responsibilities and promote the delivery of a more sustainable consumption and production model. Moreover, they are conscious of the challenge of moving towards a circular economy and are already taking steps in this direction through a series of initiatives.
We are looking for a motivated person to shape and implement ERRT’s sustainability and CSR agenda.
- Coordinate and promote ERRT’s activities in the field of sustainability;
- Monitor relevant EU policy developments and prepare consolidated information on them;
- Organise meetings and events and secure proper follow-up;
- Prepare position papers, briefings, presentations and other documentation;
- Engage with EU policy-makers and stakeholders to represent ERRT’s interests;
- Manage sustainability-related content on the ERRT website.
- Academic degree;
- Several years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent coordination skills;
- First class communication and relationship-building skills;
- Track record in events organisation;
- Diplomatic skills and a member service mentality;
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in English. Knowledge of other EU languages will be considered an asset;
- Proactive and independent person.
Please send your application in English including cover letter (max. 1 page), CV and salary expectations by the deadline 31 December 2017, to the Director General, Ms Susanne Czech (email@example.com).
Interviews will be held in the 1st half of January 2018.
Thanks for understanding that ONLY CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL RECEIVE A REPLY.