The Mission of Japan to the EU seeks Research Assistant to Press and Public Diplomacy Section
The Mission of Japan to the EU seeks
Research Assistant to Press and Public Diplomacy Section
- Monitor and research key policy debates in the EU on issues relevant to the Mission.
- Compile clear, concise and informative reports on meetings and events in Brussels – e.g. European Parliament plenaries sessions and committee and delegation meetings, think tank events, conferences, etc.
- Research and draft articles, speeches and correspondence in English for the Mission.
- Proofread English language texts for the Mission.
- Liaise with MEP offices and external actors to support the Mission’s activities.
- Overall support to the Head of the Press and Public Diplomacy Section e.g. conducting general administrative tasks, writing/sending letters and emails, drafting lists of participants with Excel etc.
- Carry out other general administrative tasks as requested.
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- A sound knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and the decision-making process at EU level.
- Work experience with a demonstrated ability in research, analysis, and documentation; professional experience in EU institutions, particularly the European Parliament, would be an asset.
- Excellent drafting and editing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Native level of English language.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to legally work in the EU.
This is a full time position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English by 20 May, 2016 to email@example.com with only the title of the position and your last name in the subject line of the email (e.g. Research Assistant_LastName).