The White Rose University Consortium seeks European Public Affairs Director
As European Public Affairs Director you will establish and manage the activities of our new European office based in Brussels. You will represent the interests of the White Rose Universities in a range of activities relating to the European Institutions and Brussels based organisations, with a focus on public affairs and long-term research positioning. This new appointment will be key in providing the vision and strategic direction for the new venture, including stakeholder management, profile enhancement, networking and building long-term influence in EU research policy.
European Public Affairs Director
- Graduate with relevant further qualifications or commensurate experience.
- Knowledge of Brussels and the European Commission.
- Current knowledge of UK/EU research, innovation and higher education policy/funding bodies and their requirements.
- Understanding of international business, policy making, research funding or government.
- Excellent diplomatic and influencing skills.
- Proven creative and analytical thinking skills.
- Business competence in French and English languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to analyse and précis complex information, and produce high quality and timely briefings.
- Evidence of leadership, management and of consistent achievement as a senior manager in an appropriate context.
- International business, NGO, diplomatic or education sector experience.
The White Rose Consortium
Since 1997, the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York have built on their individual strengths by collaborating through the White Rose University Consortium. Working with partners from the private and public sector, both in the UK and overseas, projects to the value of over £150 Million have been secured into the Universities. As the Higher Education sector undergoes numerous changes and challenges, our commitment to creating exciting collaborations remains and we continuously seek new partners on a regional, national and international basis.
Closing date: 30 June 2015
Interview date: 21 July 2015 (to be held in York)
Informal enquires can be directed to Dr Julian White (firstname.lastname@example.org) Chief Executive Officer on +44 (0)1904 435353.
To apply, please click here.