Total seeks Junior Lobbyist (m/f)
Junior Lobbyist (m/f)
The EU is drafting legislative acts in order to regulate the energy transition at EU level (Clean Energy for all Europeans package ; Clean mobility package, ETS directive…) and help the industrial sectors to actively take part in it. Likewise, several funding mechanisms have been implemented to financially support private companies. As the European elections are forthcoming, the EU institutions are currently finalizing their proposals while outlining their industrial, energy and environmental priorities.
The Direction for EU Public Affairs of Total (7 full time employees) has the mission to closely monitor the current and upcoming EU legislation and the different opportunities for funding. It is working hand in hand with Total’s business units (Refining and Chemicals, Natural Gas-Renewables-Power, Exploration-Production, Marketing and Services) in order to set the Group’s interests at the heart of the European debate.
As EU Public Affairs Officer – EU funding, the VIE will have 2 main missions :
- Monitoring and participating in the different legislative processes of the regulations to support Total’s teams ;
- Identifying and giving insights on the various EU funding opportunities in close cooperation with the business units and R&D teams (H2020 / Horizon Europe; Connecting Europe Facility, Life +…).
Context and environment
The selected candidate will receive a VIE allowance according to the Business France rates and the subsidiary will grant an accommodation allowance.
- Bac +5 in public affairs (IEP, …); Business schools or engineers with an appetite for European public policies;
- Experience in public affairs and interest in the energy sector, industry and European issues will be greatly appreciated,
- A first experience in a European institution (internship blue book, …) would be a plus
- French and English required; another European language would be a plus
Closing date: 27-Jun-2018