Toy Industries of Europe seeks Junior Policy and Communications Officer
Junior Policy and Communications Officer
We’re looking for a motivated, sociable and proactive junior colleague to join our small and busy Brussels-based team. In the role of Junior Policy and Communications Officer, the successful candidate will work with us to help make sure that children can play safely and securely with toys and promote fair practices and fair legislation that allows responsible toy companies to grow.
The Junior Policy and Communications Officer’s tasks will include but are not limited to:
- drafting policy briefings and analysis and other policy tools;
- monitoring and reporting to team on political, policy and research developments;
- taking responsibility and ownership of a small number of policy issues affecting the toy sector;
- ensuring effective and optimal communications between the Secretariat and TIE members;
- attending meetings and events on behalf of TIE.
- drafting web content on policy issues related to play, toys and the sector;
- communicating TIE’s core messages about play, toys and the sector on social media;
- assisting in the development and execution of advocacy campaigns;
- supporting the organisation of internal and external meetings and events.
This is a Brussels-based position but some travel will be necessary.
We are looking for a candidate with an outgoing personality who
- is a great team player and excellent communicator with good networking skills;
- is quick thinking with strong analytical capabilities;
- has a University degree;
- has outstanding written and spoken English;
- believes in the European project and has an interest in EU politics;
- has a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in a public affairs, communications or a policy role;
- Experience of working in or with the EU institutions is a bonus;
- has a good understanding of EU decision-making procedures and how to advance an advocacy agenda in a politically sensitive environment;
- previous experience of working on policy issues related to: product safety, consumers, trade, digital policies, IPR or the environment would be valued;
- is able to explain complex technical terms and processes to non-experts;
- is competent in using social media in a professional context;
- is deadline-oriented and well-organised with good attention to detail.
Please send your CV with an engaging motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: 14 September 2018, midnight. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.